No announcement yet.

Recommended hardware for video capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended hardware for video capture?

Could anyone tell me what hardware I would need to capture TV video at full screen that is equal in or above the U.S. signal source. My current specs are:
    PII 450
    Soundblaster live
    G400
    Rainbowrunner G series
    IBM 18gig 54200 hard drive 33 pipe
    128 PC100 memory
    I’m thinking of upgrading to a PIII 500 and an IBM 22gig 72000 hard drive with a 66 pipe. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Your current system sounds well capable of handling full screen capture, with the possible exception of the single HD setup.

Pain tho it might be, your next best step would be to buy a smaller HD for a system drive (6Gb should be plenty including a whole load of space for volatile files), and use the current HD for AVI capture ONLY.

On the other hand, if you have the available cash, buying a second drive of a similar (or larger size) to use as a capture drive, so much the better.

You don't say what your problems are with your current setup ?

Comment

One other thing you may want to consider getting is a Fasttrak controller card. The older UDMA 33 version can be had for well under $75. The UDMA 66 models are obtainable for less than $150.
      The biggest benefit I have found is that you eliminate all the concerns about what else your video HD has to contend with on your mobo's HDD controller.

Comment

Working...
      X