Driver file version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver file version

After updating to PDesk 5.31 the file version under display adapters shows to be version 411.01.1130 instead of 411.01.2110 - I unistall all previous drivers & checked the registry ect. before installing the new drivers. Just wondering if this file version was correct, or if I needed to try & install the drivers again.

Well, those version number are the ones from PD 4.51(I think) so I suppose you are still using
    those drivers(unless there is a bug in PD 5.13 that causes it to report the wrong
    versionnumbers). I had the same problem after I did a manual removal of the old drivers,
    this was fixed when I used the uninstaller instead.

I hope this helps...
    The one that suffers the most

[This message has been edited by suffer (edited 08-25-1999).]

Comment

Someone posted before ...

No, not at all. Those numbers are correct. This subject has already been discussed.

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 08-25-1999).]

Comment

NONO - sorry I had a question that had already been covered - Just don't have the time to read every message that has been posted.

Comment

erm... thats Nuno

TomCat, I was not being depreciative. Sorry if you understood that way. I only wanted to reasure you that that numbers are correct, and if you were willing to read more about it, just search the past treads.

Cheers

Nuno

Comment

Hi,

When they posted this on teh web site they simply took the driver version corresponding to the G200. The driver info that you have is the good one. This should soon be corrected on the site... (i have been told)

Ciao

Z

Comment

Nuno,Suffer,Zwisch - thanks for your help - just wanted to make sure the drivers were loaded correctly before doing a clean install the system is a little buggy after installing the g400 - beginning to look like it needs a clean plate to eat off of - thanks again.

Comment

Hello all:

I am the one who started the previous thread asking the same question about the driver version number.
                Everything has been working fine for me with 5.13 except the problem of lock-up after the monitor goes into power-saving with the screen saver active. Turned off all power saving stuff since.
                System Spec:
                Abit BX6-R2/C300@450@1.95V/G400-16MDH/SB-16/128MCL-2.
                G400 running 146/195 PStrip25107.

GTI.

Comment

Working...
                X