Is this true? Upgradable ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this true? Upgradable ?

It really pained me to have to buy from these "crooks" and not get what I wanted. I wanted a dual head with the Max ram. Thats the coolest deal! but I spent hours over many weeks to find a card at a price, and in stock. Many of you have been there so you know the deal.
    Too bad Matrox can't produce product for the retail end. I have seen so much bullshit with vendors and the G400. I have seen Comp-u-plus sell the dual head G400 OEM for 200$$ what a joke! I bought from Comp-U-Plus. I needed the card NOW. Last week I had to get a Viper 770 for a user due to lack of availability of the G400.
    Anyway can yopu upgrade this card here, Single Head G400 to a dual head like they say?? I'm getting the card today and will join the ^Cult^<0f>^Matrox^

Can you upgrade from a single head to a dual?

[This message has been edited by LAMFDTK (edited 08-25-1999).]

I recall that there will be a TV-out module that will add Dual Head functions to it. BUT only if you have the connector for it!

_
    B

Comment

Tell me this is wrong, you can get a G400 DH 32Mb for US$159.99, please tell me this is wrong. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting (seems forever) finally gave up and had a friend in the US order me one from her local shop for US$239.00. Please tell me this is wrong!!!!!!

Comment

The Matrox store has the Dual Head "Regular Guy" G400 for 199.00 The D/H is listed at various price levels in the US but there is no inventory at these places on Pricewatch and various on-line outlets. They will tell you that the card in due in "a few days". I know better. I watched this happen for weeks. Allstar has been getting supply on a regular basis. Forget the retail side here in NJ I never even seen a G200 in a store here.

Comment

The price of the G400 MAX has been all over the board. But, no one at the lowest prices have them in stock as far as I can tell. You may end up getting backordered for weeks from those places.

That $159 price sounds like the G400 DH non-MAX version.

CB
          Abit BX6 Rev.1
          Celeron 366A PPGA @ 566, 2.1v
          192 meg RAM, CAS2
          13.0 gig Maxtor 4320 HD
          6.0 gig Maxtor (in removeable drive bay)
          HP8110i 4x2x24
          Pioneer DVD-104
          SB Live! 1024
          USB ZIP 100
          G400 32MB DH 5ns RAM at 187/211
          Two KDS 17" Trinitron monitors
          YAMAHA HTR-5140 Reciever

Comment

I bought my G400 DH 32Mb board from www.essencom.com for US$170.00, and it arrived the next day (they are in Brooklyn, New York and I live in the same state).
            Abit BX6R2 466@525 Intel Celeron, WD 10.1Gb Matrox G400 32Mb DH, SBLive!, 3Com NIC, 256Mb PC100 SDRAM, 4Gb Tape backup, IDE internal ZIP, trusty 12x CDROM running RedHat 5.2 Linux and Windows98.

Comment

Sprock they are not showing that now... This has become a game. The card thats sitting here on my desk at work just arrived from Compuplus came with the cd opened with fingerprints on it, but the card "looks" ok.. might leave early to install at home. heheh

Comment

Working...
              X