Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simply UK let me down - G400 DH 32 in stock anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply UK let me down - G400 DH 32 in stock anywhere?

The web site was out of date, so I can't expect Simply to deliver my G400 DH 32MB retail until at least 7th Sep - and that's if Matrox ships to them on time.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK with one available? BTW the Simply price is £115 + VAT, free delivery, which is about my limit.

Cheers

Tony.
    FT.

Try Dabs Direct (www.dabs.com)

According to their web site they should have stock in 1-2 days (£99+VAT). They are usually quite accurate.

[This message has been edited by Chris H (edited 08-23-1999).]

Comment

Thanks Chris, but they've been saying that for a while, and won't be pinned down on the phone.

Tony.
      FT.

Comment

Sorry, I assumed the 1-2 days would be accurate because they had some in stock on Friday. Their stock quanities and lead times have been pretty good recently.

Comment

Went to the local monthly 'puter show and the G400 was not to be seen anywhere.

Comment

Chris - I'll try them again (in 1-2 days). They can't have been in stock for long.

SCompRacer1 - pretty much the same here, except SH OEM for £139!
            FT.

Comment

Tony,
              As I write this (20:09 UK Time) Dabs are showing 6 in stock. Be quick!

Comment

Thanks Chris. I phoned Dabs just before 8 and they confirmed 6 in stock. I just ordered one. I think we were at cross purposes before as I wanted the retail version, but I've settled for the OEM as I can probably get Expendable for less than the difference in the two prices at a later date.

Cheers, Tony.
                FT.

Comment

This probably wont be of much help to you but I got my OEM 32MB Dual Head from SMC Direct just over a fortnight ago.

Mike

Comment

Now Dabs are p*ssing me off. Apparently they don't allocate you stock when you place the order, they wait until they've done a credit check or something, by which time they've sold it to someone else!
                    They don't have an expected date either. Maybe Simply will beat them to it?

Tony.
                    FT.

Comment

Working...
                    X