Mil G200 SGRam Upgrades...Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mil G200 SGRam Upgrades...Help!

Can anybody tell me where to find or give me any info regaurding the performance increace you get from an *Mb SGRam upgrade?

I beleive it gives you more colours at higher resolutions and enables you to do tripple bufering, tho I think my 8Mb Millenium G200 can do tripple buffering anyway.

Basically, primarily from a gaming slant, is it worth shelling out for the 8Mb upgrade?...Will I see many more FPS in my games?

I don't have the upgrade, but from what I remember, it's most useful for storing more textures and stuff--obviously helping out the AGP strain.

So some games (unreal?) that run out of memory will be faster. But it won't increase the speed of Quake II or other such games. (I think? Someone feel free to correct me!)

There are some 2D enhancements as well. But most people have said that the module prevents any serious overclocking of the G200, so if that's important, screw the memory.

Personally, from a gaming standpoint, it would be better to buy a new card than shell out $40. MAybe an old V2 if you still need the G200 2D?

Marius

Comment

Working...
    X