DVD Module with G400???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Module with G400???

Will the DVD module upgrade sold for the G200 be made usable for the G400 in the near future? I find the G400 DVD player very good (C300A overclocked to 450) on my system but not as good as the module/G200 combination as the sharpness is a little softer and the contrast a little high. I probably only notice this as I am a professional photographer and could live with this quite happily but I find that when watching DVD's, if the camera pans, the video "stutters/ sticks" slightly as if delayed or can not keep up. I noticed that using the DVD region selector cracker, there is an option for enabling P3 SSE support. Does anyone have a P3 system and find that this "stutter" is improved/ vanished?

Hi Brent,

As far as I know, if someone has heard different let me know, Matrox won't come out with a hardware add-on for mpeg-2.

Ciao
    J

Comment

The G200 DVD module will never work on a G400, unless you get an RR-G, and mount it on that.

Last I heard, Matrox is not planning any DVD module for the G400...of course, that could always change...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Sorry, forgot to say that I have the G400 connected to a RRG and using beta drivers. So if I get this straight, I might get hardware DVD with the G400 if Matrox can get the Zoran/ RRG/ G400 patch come software come driver fixed?

Comment

Well I guess that would be something to try but I doubt very much that Matrox will give that a shot or even support it.

J

Comment

It's pretty much in Zoran's hands at this point. They know they need to fix their software to work with PD5. If/when they ever will...who knows.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
            X