Replacing a G400 with a G400 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing a G400 with a G400 ?

Whow, are the drivers for the G400 SH the same as for a G400 (or Max) DH??

Is this divided BIOS-wise then??

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

You will probably need to do a reinstall since the G400 16mb is a single head and the G400MAX is dual. This'll add a tab to PowerDesk Display Properties for the DH feature.

Gee...If I only had the extra space to put our 27" tv monitor in my office to play Quake II on, then I'd have a reason for DH...and my wife would know I'd completely lost it...
    Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Comment

Replacing a G400 with a G400 ?

Hi folks, apparently my long wait for my G400MAX is finally over and UPS will deliver it in the next day or so. I couldn't wait any longer and in the meantime I had purchased an OEM G400 16meg that I have been using and will now wind up transfering to another machine.

My question is when I replace the 16meg single head version with the MAX will I have to do any driver uninstalls and installs? I imagine those of you who are beta testers may have been through this.

My machine is as follows. I dual boot to Win98 and NT4 SP5 and I have PD 5.13 on win98 and 4.? on NT (the one that ships on the cd as there weren't any newer on Matrox website).

Abit BP6, dual 366's @562
      256MB RAM
      WD 18GB & Fujitsu 8.4GB ATA 66 drives
      Matrox G400 16MG oem
      SB Live Value
      Kingston KNE110 NIC
      USR V.90 Internal
      Creative 48X
      HP 7200I Writer

Thanks,

Comment

Nope just plug it in and go. The plain G400 uses the same drivers as the Max
        God damn the server ate my username

Comment

Working...
        X