Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Soft-DVD crashes with G400Max and DVD Max

Hi,

Might want to try this without overclocking..

Ciao

Ben

Matrox Soft-DVD crashes with G400Max and DVD Max

I got this week my G400Max and wanted to try out the DVD MAX function. I testet first the Soft-DVD Player from Matrox (without DVD-Max) and it worked fine. Then I changed in the Display settings to DVD-Max, Clone and enabled DVD MAX with PAL TV System. Then I started the Player and it just showed a black window and I heared some noise over the speakers. Some clicks later (doesn`t matter where)the system was completly hanging. The DVD was a Code 2 PAL DVD (I tried also some others). Now I get always a crash when I start the Software DVD Player (Second VGA Output is now turned off). Has anybody an idea what may be wrong other Soft DVD Players work fine?

Here is my configuration:

PII 400@450MHz, Gigabyte GA686BX (2.9), 256 MB SDRAM, IBM 22GXP Harddrive, Matrox G400Max (5.15), Rainbowrunner G (1.5b), Windows 98, SB Live (LW 2.1), AOPEN 6x DVD Drive ...

Comment

up

------------------
      and ty%&§!° went down again

Helmchen

Comment

up

Comment

Sorry, but it is not overclocked, I had that problem from the beginning after installing the card!

And please... provide real help!

Comment

The CPU is working stable in this mode since some months, never had any problem. FSB is still 100MHz (Have an old PII), so AGP is not overclocked, and CPU is always quite cold....

Comment

Sorry I thought you were thinking that I have overclocked the G400 when I wrote my first answer....

Comment

up
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Up
                  God damn the server ate my username

Comment

Just want to let you know that I have a similar problem and I have not found a solution yet (didn't dedicate enough time to it either ).

The Matrox DVD player always crashes with a BSOD write error to drive C: (where it is installed).

It was working when I first got the MAX. Then I stopped fiddling with it till recently when I got a new batch of DVDs and tried it on the PC. It just wouldn't work. XingDVD works though, but the output sooooo crappy.

Anyway, for your reference (and everyone else's), here is the link to my post of my problems (that went unnoticed ) at the Desktop Video (wrong forum?)..

http://forums.gagames.com/forums/For...ML/001513.html

Thank god I still have an entertaintment center with AC-3 and Panasonic DVD player.

JamesA.

------------------
                    System Details

"If it looks like shit,
                    and it sounds like shit,
                    then it must be shit!" - Jack Horner, Boogie Nights
                    <b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Working...
                    X