Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 & Modem problems on Win 98

Hi,

I have a PIII 450/ABIT BE6/Win 98 computer with G400. The card worked great before I added a modem. I added a modem and installed the drivers and it locked up. As soon as it goes past login, it locks up. It works fine if I remove the modem. It seems like IRQ problem but I can't see/fix it in Win 98. What should I do in the BIOS to fix this?

Have you looked under under device manager and clicked on the little computer icon at the top.
    This will give you a chance to view the IRQs, I/O and DMA access. You could also try moving the G400 to another IRQ anything 9,19,11 should be fine if you dont use a PS2 mouse you could use twelve.
    If your one of the lucky ones you maybe able to assign an IRQ to a slot if you can check which slot your Modem is in and assign it an IRQ. Note this won't work if the slot is shared with the AGP slot and this maybe the problem as well.
    To be honest at this stage it maybe easier to move the modem card to another slot and see what happens.
    God damn the server ate my username

Comment

I got it to working finally with some help from previous postings. I had MX300 on PCI-4 and Modem on PCI-5 before. I moved them upto slots 3 and 4. I went into BIOS settings and set P_IRQ1 (AGP & PCI-1) to use IRQ 3. Disabled IRQs for Serial ports & USB for now. It is working well now. I tried NFS-4 and QIII. There may be trouble again when I add another PCI card.

Comment

Ah Plug and Pray don't we love it.
        God damn the server ate my username

Comment

up

------------------
          and ty%&§!° went down again

Helmchen

Comment

up
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

up
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

What's this "up" being posted all over this forum? I am new and kinda wondering.

Comment

That is why I have an EXTERNAL modem.

Comment

up. i asked the same thing figured it out after trying find posts. up referes to puting the post back up to the top of the list due to mutiple posts by one tylooser.

------------------
                    If any message I have posted in the past, present or future has upset or cuased someone bad feelings, Im sorry. I only ment those remarks in jest. once again I am sorry. I have a warped since of humor.
                    (Unless your name is Tylau of corse then You can eat shit and Die Die Die you ****ole.)

Noel C. Ridge Jr.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
                    X