AGP Aperture Size: 128MB VS 256MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Aperture Size: 128MB VS 256MB

I've been in this board since the release of G400. Heard you guys always tell people to set the AGP aperture size to 256MB, is there any benefits over 128MB? Why 256MB? I can't play Sega Rally 2 if I set it to 256MB, so my current setting is 128MB.

FIC VA-503+, 128MB SDRAM, K6-2 450, G400 SH 32MB, Win98, lastest VIA 4-in-1 driver.
    Good Luck
    SeeLokTo
    http://seelokto.cjb.net/

only thing increasing agp aperature size does is make more of your system memory available for AGP texture storage. As a general rule you do not want to have your aperature size larger than your installed memory. some people have problems that is apparently remedied by increasing the size to 256, but if it works at 64 or 128mb than you should keep it at those settings

Comment

up

------------------
      and ty%&§!° went down again

Helmchen

Comment

up
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

up
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Keep in mind that setting your agp aperture size to 256 if it runs fine at 64 will slow down your performance.

Ciao
            J

Comment

up

Comment

I've tested all sizes with 3DMark and found that setting mine to 64MB was the fastest out of all of them. I have 196MB memory. So, if I were you, I'd run my own tests and go with what works best for you.

Dave

------------------
                Hot Sauces and Paintball Guns and Christmas Trees OH MY!

members.home.net/helevitia
                ~Helevitia~
                (hell-uh-vee-shuh)
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Up
                  God damn the server ate my username

Comment

Working...
                  X