UK retail G400MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK retail G400MAX

Some goodish news for you all, I have just received my G400MAX from SMC-Computers.
    I ordered over 2 months ago, but they said it would come today and it did, top marks guys.

Sorry if any pre-order guys haven't got their's yet. I can report that I had a flawless installation, the only thing that had to be done was a reinstall of Half Life.

Opengl works like a treat, D3D well I'm sure
    you all know is superb.

DVD is near perfect.

I haven't benchmarked yet, but I will over the weekend, and will post on the gamers forum.

I always had faith in Matrox even when hundreds of people flammed them, however I have become very patient and laid back because of them. Thanx Matrox.

system spec
    Chaintech 6BTM Mobo
    128Mb PC100
    Celeron 300a o/c 450
    Sblive
    G400MAX
    Creative DVD 5x
    U.S.R Sporster 56K voice
    AOC monitor
    Intel 10/100 network card
    Asus CUSL2, PIII 800, Radeon 8500, SBLive!, 3COM 3C905C-TX-M, 384MB PC133, 19" AOC Monitor.

openGL is crap on the 5.13 drivers. It has decent speed, but way to many visual problems(corrupted textures, vsync problems with kingpin, problems with half life)

and please, dont anyone say "oh that is fixed in the 5.20.x. I am sick of hearing about all that is fixed in the 5.20.x drivers, until they are released knowing something is fixed dont do anyone a bit of good.

Comment

Well, there are fixes in 5.20...there I said it.

Rags

------------------
      Some people call me the Space Cowboy.....

Comment

gloating POS

Comment

Now, why would you call me that?

Comment

hmm, I have been waiting almost 2 months for fixes, so take a wild guess

Comment

Hmmmm, do I code the drivers, do I release them, so I guess that would make me a POS. I want the drivers to be released as bad as you do. I want more stable OpenGL drivers, but the best we can do is sit patiently and wait for M to release them when they are ready. In the meantime I am not going to go around and call people fecile matter, while waiting that just isn't called for and is not very nice.

Rags

------------------

Comment

sorry dude, I figured you were another beta tester. My patience with the gloaters and matrox has gotten very thin. As for time tables, 2 months is more than enough time to get updated drivers out. They just dont know what they are doing.

Comment

I really believe that they are doing the best they can with what they have. OpenGL ICD's are very difficult to code. I have been working on OpenGL support for a program I am currently developing and have had a hell of a time with it. I have the 5.2x drivers to use on my G200, but I don't they don't help me in any way with what I am doing. I have stuck with the released drivers for the time being (until the G400 arrives), since I really need stable drivers more than anything right now. Maybe M could use a few more coders, who knows. I am just waiting at their mercy right now. Just like most everyone else. As far as the beta testers go, I think they would not gloat too much, being that they are supposed to find bugs and flaws and such, and they are always working with beta code that is sometimes far south of stable.

Rags

------------------

Comment

Is there any ETA on the new drivers? Anyone? I realize the amount of effort that's going into them, and I don't mean to nag, just curious if they have any idea of a release date yet...
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

up
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

The G400 MAX is appearing in local stores, I see. Very good ¦)

but...
                        I thought Matrox was prioritizing it's pre-orders... That is, making sure they send a MAX to me before sending to resellers.

The only reason I pre-ordered from the on-line store was to be fawourized and get the card as early as possible, I could by far get the card at a much lower price from my local store...

Cheers,
                        Fish.

-------
                        Enlighten me!

Comment

I would have thought the samething Tish, I haven't seen any post yet for US and Canada store's getting them yet and pricewatch isn't showing them in either. Sounds like Matrox is shipping more now.

Derek

Comment

compucentre.com had the 32MB DH in stock for a couple of days last week, but it's back on backorder now...
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Up
                              God damn the server ate my username

Comment

Working...
                              X