Who does the fastest 32bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does the fastest 32bit?

My question is: Which 3D card does the fastest 32bit rendering?
    A lot of games are coming out at the moment that support 32bpp, and I'm wondering if the G400/MAX is the fastest at it? both in D3D and OpenGL?

Yes and yes...especially at higher resolutions
    Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Indeed, in high resolutions (1280 ->up) at 32 bit the card smoke every competitor Unfortenately at lower resolutions the drivers need optimization.

Comment

Hey Buuri,

I can play Quake 2 at 1024x768 32 bit with 59 fps. My Voodoo2 had 79 fps at 640x480 at 16 bit. For me the game plays just as smooth as my Voodoo2 but at a much higher resolution and color depth.

And right now the only limitation is the OpenGL, so the scores can only go up. Then there is the fact that most G400's are easily overclockable to near 150 MHz speed. Mine even goes over that barrier.

And yes, I am a fanatic gamer myself. And I am really fond of this card. No matter what some people keep saying in favour of 3dfx, 32 bit looks good and is playable today. I really do notice that Quake 2 is more colorfull and better looking than it is on my Voodoo2 and a friends Voodoo3.

With regards
        Frank Schoondermark

Comment

I am in the process of doing an in depth benchmark of both a G400 at near max speeds, and a TNT2 at near Ultra speeds as we speak, in 3dmark Max the G400 is wiping the floor with the TNT2 32bit color at resolutions over 800X600. I have yet to complete the benchmarks, but when i'm done expect a full report here in the groups.

Comment

I am in the process of doing an in depth benchmark of both a G400 at near max speeds, and a TNT2 at near Ultra speeds as we speak, in 3dmark Max the G400 is wiping the floor with the TNT2 32bit color at resolutions over 800X600. I have yet to complete the benchmarks, but when i'm done expect a full report here in the groups.

------------------
            PIII 617, Abit BE6 (the Asus fried on me for no reason so no more Asus, plus the BE6 is faster.). 128MB PC133 SDRam, ADSL line, SB Live, Quantum UDA 66 HDD's and G400 at 146 Core 197 Memory ( I think).

Comment

MAX has been praised by it's performance in higher resolutions and that's great, but that just one aspect to it. Here's another:

Who needs higher resolutions? The analog method used to carry the signal to the monitor these days puts some radical limits to the quality of the signal on higher resolutions. So it's quite weird that people hail to Matrox products for it's performance on high resolutions as well as picture quality which cannot be that good on those same modes.
              Also nobody seems to notise that it does loose to it's competitor on the resolutions that people mostly use for gaming, which are 1024 and below. It doesn't make me feel better to play on 1600x1200 with lousy fps if I knew that some other product would be even slower. I want the fps not the resolution!
              And I dare to say that most gamers agree on this.

Just an objective view on the matter. I hope you can handle it like adults.
              (I am a 'Matrox user' myself)

B

Comment

NO! I CAN'T HANDLE IT LIKE AN ADULT!

I'm a "froggsingk slatebasterd", didn't you know? And if you come in and "dislik matrox prodsucks" then I will "becumm fikling lammser" and "be stoopsid moron feggit"!

- Ash

------------------
                Portions of this message may have been Copyright 1999, Jorden van der Elst. All rights (and lefts) reserved.
                ------------------------
                Specs? You want specs? Yeah. Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?! Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...

Comment

NO! I CAN'T HANDLE IT LIKE AN ADULT!

I'm a "froggsingk slatebasterd", didn't you know? And if you come in and "dislik matrox prodsucks" then I will "becumm fikling lammser" and "be stoopsid moron feggit"!

- Ash

------------------
                  Portions of this message may have been Copyright 1999, Jorden van der Elst. All rights (and lefts) reserved.
                  ------------------------
                  Specs? You want specs? Yeah. Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?! Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...

Comment

up

------------------
                    and ty%&§!° went down again

Helmchen

Comment

up
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Buuri, Forsaken is incredible in 1600x1200 at 32bit with a fps of 79.

thank you.

Cheers,
                        Fish. Ok ok, Tish.

Comment

Up
                          God damn the server ate my username

Comment

Working...
                          X