Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Bus Mastering problem - Please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Bus Mastering problem - Please help!!!

Hello,
    Got my MAX and I've regular slow down (every 0.5 sec) under Direct 3D apps like 3DMark or G400 Tech demo when I turn BusM on.
    I've a SBLive player and 2940 SCSI card on my P2B - PII450. If busM is turned everything is regular but I get a 50% perfomance drop ( ).
    Everything is flashed and last drivers under Win98. I've just tried to swap my PCI cards at different slots but no results any more...

Could you help me...???

Thanx in advance,

------------------
    Ca marche plus...?
    format c: /u...!!!

Yop

Well it looks like I have the same problem.
    I have a PIII-450 not overclocked and I
    replaced my G200 with the G400 after having
    followed all installation instructions.
    It has worked fine and then I started seeing
    lockups and screen garbage over time. My
    card is not hot and was working perfectly
    before I swapped in the G400.

When I turn off bus mastering then the
    system seems to run perfectly stable.
    Obviously without bus mastering I cannot get
    full performance from the card and I am not
    happy with it.

I am in contact with Matrox tech support
    and hopefully we can resolve this. I will
    post results as I get them.

------------------
    -Joe

PIII-450, Abit BH6-KG, Mystique-G200, 192MRam, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 18ES SCSI HD, Plextor SCSI CD-ROM, HP7110 Burner, ADSL, HP PhotoSmart scanner, blah blah blah

Comment

What I would suggest is removing one card at a time and seeing if the problems goes away. I've got the same type of scsi card and a soundblaster live and don't suffer from this problem.
      The only thing I suffer from is duff monitors I'm now awaiting my third replacement.
      God damn the server ate my username

Comment

This is off topic but... what kind of monitor? I have the mitsubishi 900u and I'm gonna send it back cus it's so blurry at high res/refresh

Comment

Ok, i think today i have solved the "snowstorm" problem that so many of you have been reporting (myself included) !!
          Turn OFF all shadowing in mobo bios !!

What i still haven´t solved is tombman´s slow performance problem ;-(
          (but it is only a matter of time ;-)

Comment

Yop,

What type of system do you have? Did you make sure taht you had not IRQ conflict in your system? Make sure that your card stands alone!

Ciao

Ben

Comment

Tish perhaps we ought to start a new topic. The Monitor is a 19 inch Belina. The first was blurry at high res so that went back. The 2nd was much better but still a little blurry but I sorted that out by changing the refresh rate. However after I did that I noticed a Halo had devoloped around the bottom left hand Icons Grrr. Now it ain't the brightness and contrast settings as I have those turned down also it only starts with varying intensity after several hours of use. I've also noticed that one side of the monitor is increasing getting darker each time I start the monitor. Deguasing helps the darkness but not the Halo.
              Luckily I've still got the G200 and my old monitor so I know it's not the G400. If the third one goes the same way I'll contact the supplier who sold it me and I'll see if I can get another brand and pay the differance.
              God damn the server ate my username

Comment

I've swapped my PCI card at different place to see if there is no IRQ conflicts, but no changes...
                My P2B bios is rev 1010 and configured by "Setup default".
                I've flashed my G400 bios to see but no diff.

------------------
                Ca marche plus...?

Yop

Comment

up

Comment

I also had a Samsung 19" on loan. that was a shadowmask and was dead sharp all the way up to 1600x1200.
                    Only flaw about that one was a little "dirty" look at the bottom left corner.

Now that I got the monitor I really wanted, I know that it's not my old canopus spectra TNT card that's blurry ¦ )

Anyway, the distributor I got it from (yup, directly from the importer) said this is a bad monitor, and I will send it back for eval/repair and possible excange. whish me luck

Cheers,
                    Fish.

Comment

Does anyone got an idea.
                      I've noticed the problem only under 3dmark and G400tech -> only apps which take advantage of bus mastering??? under games (i've just tried unreal and expandable) the scrolling seems to be normal.

thanx in advance,

------------------
                      Ca marche plus...?

Yop

[This message has been edited by Yop (edited 08-20-1999).]

Comment

up
                        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Help...!!!

------------------
                          Ca marche plus...?

Yop

Comment

Hey Yop,

My problem was solved by rearranging the IRQ assignments. If you can try to make the G400 the lowest possible IRQ. The second thing I did was to force AGP x1. You should leave bus mastering on. Give it a try and see what happens.

------------------
                            -Joe

PIII-450, Abit BH6-KG, Millenium G400-32Meg DH, 192MRam, SB-Live value, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 18ES SCSI HD, Plextor SCSI CD-ROM, HP7110 Burner, 3COM PCI 100BT NIC, ADSL, HP PhotoSmart scanner, blah blah blah

Comment

Cabo-
                              I'm surprised that worked so well for you. Generally, Matrox cards don't like lower IRQs, as Matrox cards are Edge activated, and lower IRQs use level activation. Anytime I try to run below IRQ8, I have 3D problems...
                              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                              X