Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox DVD Software and SB Live! (AC-3 Output)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox DVD Software and SB Live! (AC-3 Output)

Hi!

I have the SB LIve! and Desktop Theatre 5.1.

I was wondering if I can get AC-3 5.1 output with my SBLive! and Digital I/O card when using the Matrox DVD Software.

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

Regards,
    Manoj Mahtani
    Northwood 2.26ghz @ 3.0Ghz (air cooled!!)
    Asus P4T533
    512 megs PC 1066 - 32bit (Samsung)
    Matrox Parhelia (Retail)
    Seagate Cheetah 18Gigs 15K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive C)
    Maxtor 36Gigs 10K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive D)
    Adaptec 29160N SCSI Card
    Aopen 56x CDROM
    TDK 40x 12x 48x CDRW
    SB Audigy Platinum EX
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700
    Samsung 22" SyncMaster 1200 NF (Flat Screen CRT Monitor)
    Lian-Li PC 70 Full Tower Case (7 fans in the case)
    Enermax 650W power supply Microsoft Office Keyboard
    Logitech Dual optical mouse
    Microsoft Windows XP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consoles: Dreamcast, Playstation 2, XBox, Panasonic GameCube (DVD & VCD support)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noone has the SBLive! and G400 in the same system?

Regards,
    Manoj Mahtani
    Northwood 2.26ghz @ 3.0Ghz (air cooled!!)
    Asus P4T533
    512 megs PC 1066 - 32bit (Samsung)
    Matrox Parhelia (Retail)
    Seagate Cheetah 18Gigs 15K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive C)
    Maxtor 36Gigs 10K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive D)
    Adaptec 29160N SCSI Card
    Aopen 56x CDROM
    TDK 40x 12x 48x CDRW
    SB Audigy Platinum EX
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700
    Samsung 22" SyncMaster 1200 NF (Flat Screen CRT Monitor)
    Lian-Li PC 70 Full Tower Case (7 fans in the case)
    Enermax 650W power supply Microsoft Office Keyboard
    Logitech Dual optical mouse
    Microsoft Windows XP

Consoles: Dreamcast, Playstation 2, XBox, Panasonic GameCube (DVD & VCD support)

Comment

Hi,

Lots of people have G400 and SB Live, like myself... but most of us don't have AC-3 systems...

Andrew

Comment

I have a SBLive! with a G200, so even though its a little differant I think I can help. If I am correct, the DVD software with the Matrox card uses cinemaster decoder engine 1.0.29x, which has SBLive! support, but I don't think it has support for AC-3 digital output stream. You'll have to try the current decoder engine 1.0.32x, since that one has AC-3 output support for SBLive! Check out this site for info on the engine and the files for it.. just be sure to backup your current decoder engine files, or be ready to install it again if 1.0.32x doesn't work with your system. Also, download the Region Selector program.. it has some nice tweaks for cinemaster http://windoms.sitek.net/~dvdsoft/dvdsoft.html

Comment

AC-3 pass through is solely a function of the DVD software. I have a Creative Labs Encore 6x package, and thier DVD player has an option for AC-3 pass through. CL also said that they will release a stand alone software player later this year that will support AC-3 pass through on a software DVD player. So unless the people who make matrox's DVD player software has some kind of deal with CL, you will need to get the CL DVD player.

Jammrock

------------------
          PIII 540, 256 MB SDRAM, ASUS P3B-F, Winblows 98 SuckyEdition, 18 GB HDD, 6x DVD w/ decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 which will be replaced by a Matrox G400, SB Live!
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hmmmmmm.

Comment

hi,

the sound Blaster live does NOT do AC3 but only 4 speaker surround. This is a statement that came directly from Creative. If you have a DVD decoder from Matrox, you shouldn't even need your live since the only way to get AC3 is to plug your speakers in your BOB.

Ciao

Ben

Comment

No, No... that's not what he's asking, Ben. He doesn't want the Live! card to decode the AC3 stream, that is what the Desktop Theater setup does.

To pass the AC3 Sound stream through to the decoder you could buy a DxR3/Hollywood+ card and use the optical output. I know that the DT2500 has a SPDIF input and that the LiveWare 2.1 CD upgrade lets you pass the AC3 stream through the soundcard and out through the SPDIF output.

As for the DT 5.1 (older version), I don't know if it has an SPDIF In.

Does that make any sense to you?

Check out www.3dss.com , www.3dai.net , alive.singnet.com.sg or www.sblive.com for more information.

BenM

------------------
                PII 300 O/C'ed to 374, Abit LX6, 64Mb RAM, SBLive!, and a Diamond Viper V330 untill I can get my G400 :-(
                PII 374(300), 64Mb RAM, Abit LX6, G400 32Mb DH.

Comment

No, No... that's not what he's asking, Ben. He doesn't want the Live! card to decode the AC3 stream, that is what the Desktop Theater setup does.

To pass the AC3 Sound stream through to the decoder you could buy a DxR3/Hollywood+ card and use the optical output. I know that the DT2500 has a SPDIF input and that the LiveWare 2.1 CD upgrade lets you pass the AC3 stream through the soundcard and out through the SPDIF output.

As for the DT 5.1 (older version), I don't know if it has an SPDIF In.

Does that make any sense to you?

Check out www.3dss.com , www.3dai.net , alive.singnet.com.sg or www.sblive.com for more information.

BenM

------------------
                  PII 300 O/C'ed to 374, Abit LX6, 64Mb RAM, SBLive!, and a Diamond Viper V330 untill I can get my G400 :-(
                  PII 374(300), 64Mb RAM, Abit LX6, G400 32Mb DH.

Comment

i agree then, that would indeed work... Only thing I was mentionning is if he wants to use the Matrox decoder, he can only get dolby throught the BOB.

For software decoders such as powerDVD, teh live will not do AV-3 even if the software supports it... Creative are claiming that you need to add another module to your card.

Ciao

ben

Comment

ManojM, all you have to do is download the region selector program, as rylan said, this way you can pass-through the AC3 signal through the SBLive digital output. Choose Ensoniq/SBlive on the expanded menu. As soon as you play your next DVD, you will see the Dolby Digital Light of the Desktop Theater 5.1 turn on.

Dont upgrade Matrox DVD player version, with the new cinemaster 1.032, because it will not work. I tried it all, and finally had to return to Matrox version.

Yes, it does work. You can have AC3 with Matrox DVD Player and the SBLive.

I'll send you the region selector by e-mail, just to make sure you use the same version, cause I know that this one works.

Comment

ManojM, all you have to do is download the region selector program, as rylan said, this way you can pass-through the AC3 signal through the SBLive digital output. Choose Ensoniq/SBlive on the expanded menu. As soon as you play your next DVD, you will see the Dolby Digital Light of the Desktop Theater 5.1 turn on.

Dont upgrade Matrox DVD player version, with the new cinemaster 1.032, because it will not work. I tried it all, and finally had to return to Matrox version.

I'll send you the region selector by e-mail, just to make sure you use the same version, cause I know that this one works.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X