Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and texture smoothing... (ARGH!)

Hi,

Several weeks ago in a thread we were amazed by the G400's capability of "keeping" the detail high where the TNT2 n' others did some awful smoothing... (Remember the differencies in q3test map 1 in the room where quad power can be found, where that corridor in the center of the screen did not subject to any smoothing even at the end of it?). Well both on my machine, as well as in sharky extreme's G400 in depth article that smoothing IS visible. I cannot understand. Even with all the details cranked up the smoothing remains.

In the G400 in depth article the Savage 4(!) is the card which doesn't smoothen the surface due to its per pixel mip mapping implementation.

Visit http://www3.sharkyextreme.com/hardwa...ndepth/b.shtml for more details...

George D....
    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

I can be wrong, but it looks like the TNT and the G400 are running with texture detail one notch below full, while the savage4 is running with full texture detail. At least that´s how it looks in my G200 if I set the detail to that levels. Now that would explain the sharper looking textures in the savage.

Comment

up

------------------
      and ty%&§!° went down again

Helmchen

Comment

up

Comment

Working...
        X