Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 on way - do I need win98 for 2 monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 on way - do I need win98 for 2 monitors?

The subject says it all. Do I really have to splash the cash for 98 to get the most out of my new graphics card?

------------------
    Cheers, Tony.

System: K6-2-400, 128MB PC100, PcChips M577, 16Mb G200 Millenium (5.13,2.3, TV-out), Seagate 8.6Gig, SB PCI128, P821 (ALi M3309) DVD decoder, WinTV/PCI Tuner, CL 2x DVD, 36x CDROM, LS-120, Logicode 56K modem, etc

FT.

Yes, sadly. No matter what anyone says, Win95 just doesn't cut it for running an advanced AGP card, whether you use two monitors or not.

So if you can't "find" a copy somewhere, yes you probably will have to shell out the $$. The good news is you can probably scrounge up Win98 standard cheaper now that Win98SE is out (and SE is a $20 upgrade from Standard... hehe)

- Ash

------------------
    Portions of this message may have been Copyright 1999, Jorden van der Elst. All rights (and lefts) reserved.
    ------------------------
    Specs? You want specs? Yeah. Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?! Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...

Comment

Does that mean 95 technically can handle two displays?
      Also, if I 'found' a copy of 98, wouldn't I have problems updating it online?

Cheers
      Tony.

------------------
      Cheers, Tony.

System: K6-2-400, 128MB PC100, PcChips M577, 16Mb G200 Millenium (5.13,2.3, TV-out), Seagate 8.6Gig, SB PCI128, P821 (ALi M3309) DVD decoder, WinTV/PCI Tuner, CL 2x DVD, 36x CDROM, LS-120, Logicode 56K modem, etc

FT.

Comment

Working...
      X