Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Breakout cable ?

Hi all !

Anybody know where I can find a replacement breakout cable for a RR (Mystique) add-on board ?

Otherwise a cabling diagram would be useful so I could make one up myself.

Any help much appreciated
    XP 2100+ on A7V8X. G550 DH, 2*60Gb, 512Mb

It would be very neat if Matrox or an aftermarket co. made a breakout box adapter for the RR series.

I don't know why they don't make something availabele.
    I bet you its prety eay to make with the proper cabling diagram.
    good luck

Comment

Clive,

You should be hearing something officially anytime soon. Please let me know how it goes.

What was the problem with the existing lead set ?

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris !

Have already heard something "officially", thanks !

Existing lead set is somewhere on a rubbish dump in France... It was in the bottom of a box that got put out for the bin-men. Don't you just love over-efficient cleaning ladies ?

I've been away from the forum for a while and have had to re-register - I see that I am but a lowly MURCette again.

Cheers
        Clive

Comment

Thanks for that Clive

Thank Olliver and Haig for this one, they intervened PDQ.

Does your rubbish usually get shipped to France, or are you in the lucky position of living there ? If so I've got some requests.....

Hey, I thought MURCettes were the pretty ones ?

Comment

More power to their elbows !

Only radioactive waste gets shipped to France - and since we are a nuclear-free family I have to admit to living in France.

What can I do for you ?

Comment

Clive,

Joking mate. It's our long-time dream to move to France. Since our youngest has just started secondary school here, it's going to be a few years yet (and that's ignoring all the other practicalities like finding work and buying a home). Now if I could find a way to make web-journalism pay then I would be in with a chance.

Let me know whereabouts you live (email is more private). We have visited most areas of coastal France over the last few years. I do get withdrawal symptoms if I don't get to France every few months, but this year we only managed the once.

c'est la vie.

Comment

I hesitated in writing this reply due to distance (I'm in Canada) but here goes.....

As a result of a break-in several months ago, I recv'd insurance funds to replace my equipment. The culprits were 'kind' enough to disconnect all cabling from the cpu before walking off with it, along with a car load of other household/home-office electronics.
                Along with a new system, I upgraded to a Marvel G200 and am now left with the RR cable leads from the original system.
                If you're interested in covering the postage/shipping, you're welcome to it. Again, I realize the distance may not make it feasible, but by all means let me know...
                PII350, MarvelG200, MSP5.2, PromiseFT w/2x8.4's, SB-PCI128

Comment

Rob,

Just goes to show that the folk here are good people.

Hopefully Clive should have a new cable in the mail to him by now, but sooner or later there is going to be someone else with a similar problem.

Would you email me with the header "RR-S cable", so that I can file it for future ref?

Thanks again for offering the help

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Rob,

Many many thanks for your kind offer.
                    As Chris says, there is a cable already in the mail to me so I wont be bothering you. But thanks again all the same.

Cheers
                    Clive

Comment

Working...
                    X