Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• celeron and premiere problems???

Does this sound familiar?

after recently switching from a AMD K6-2 300 MHZ (1 MB cache on an FIC board) with 8MB Marvel card (immediately all video crashes stopped and system stability improved greatly - I was told later about supposed problems between Matrox cards and non-Intel hardware).

OK, Now I have celeron 400 on ABIT BX-6 r.2, system runs great but neither version of Premiere that I have (4.2 and 5.1) run stable. Although Premiere ran stable (relatively speaking) with AMD chip. Now I have constant crashes in NT 4. Anyone have ideas about this? Although the system itself is more stable, why is it that Premiere under Celeron seems not to be?

Thanks

JW

I have Premiere 5.1a as one of my editors on a C466/Asus P3B-F/256 meg system. On this system Premiere runs as well as Premiere ever does, which isn't saying much.

If you hang around rec.video.desktop or rec.video.production you'll see more than a few questions to the affect: "Premiere crashes on me when...." or "why doesn't Premiere run on my...." etc. etc.

The reason for this is that Premiere has a fundamental level of instability that has been a "feature" for some time. It's my opinion this is because the port from the Mac was not done particularly well in the first place and they've been bug hunting ever since.

In any case things got better with 5.1 and improved again with 5.1a but some instabilities still remain.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 21 November 1999).]

Comment

Working...
    X