Will it do the trick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it do the trick?

Sorry folks, you guys out here must get sick and tired of all those newbies asking the same old questions. Well, here's another vid virgy! (and sorry for the stupid grammar)

I'm planning to buy a Marvel G400, although it seems hard to get over here. But that's not my main problem.
    The point is, I'm wondering if my pc will do the trick. It's a two year old P2/233 on Abit LX6 mob, with 64 Megs SDRAM (66 Mhz) and a SB AWE 64 ISA soundcard.
    I'll defenitly upgrade to 128 Mb mem and buy a seperate HD for video (about 20-25 Gb, suggestions?). But is that enough?

Ok, I know I cant use the TurboGL option (it's only usuable for P3's isn't it?) but thats not a real problem for me, coz gaming comes in second place, long after things like video-editing.
    The main issue is: can I do proper video capturing and editing (in PAL Hi8-like quality) with this P2/233, and with reasonable speed?

2nd: has anyone of you experienced any AV-sync problems with the Marvel G400 or G200? (Pinnacle's DC10+, wich also has no onboard audio chip) seems to have some serious problems with that).

Final one: Has anyone heard of the new SVCD standard? It seems that this "Super VCD" allows you to burn about 45 minutes of hi-res (more or less S-video quality) video-files (Mpeg1 or 2?) to cdr's and play them on some of the newest home-DVD players. So for the moment no DVD-RAM needed!
    It's a standard from China, now adapted by Philips and Matsushita. Wouldn't this be a handy dandy thing for us?

Check out my review of the G400-TV. I was using a very similar setup to the one you describe without problems

Comment

Working...
    X