Where is MY MAX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is MY MAX??

I ordered, and yes PAID, for my MAX 7 weeks ago. I've been calling Matrox, but what do I get? a bunch of crap. Ummmmm...we arn't to your number yet. Ummmmm...check again next week. I think any company I mean ANY company that you have paid $250 should have the respect to tell a paying customer when their product will be available, given the fact that they have already broken the only contract made, 5-6 weeks....yeah right. Matrox screwed up this time. But then again, only from my perspective. From their side...gee they made a lot of money, gosh how could sales be any better....gee. Talk about a good example of screwed up management. By the way my number is 121xx....

The G400 Max will probably ship in September.

I know we have a choice to go for a non max version but then Matrox shouldn't have lied about delivery dates. They make us believe that the cards will be shipped soon so don't cancel the orders.

Regards,
    Manoj Mahtani
    Northwood 2.26ghz @ 3.0Ghz (air cooled!!)
    Asus P4T533
    512 megs PC 1066 - 32bit (Samsung)
    Matrox Parhelia (Retail)
    Seagate Cheetah 18Gigs 15K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive C)
    Maxtor 36Gigs 10K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive D)
    Adaptec 29160N SCSI Card
    Aopen 56x CDROM
    TDK 40x 12x 48x CDRW
    SB Audigy Platinum EX
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700
    Samsung 22" SyncMaster 1200 NF (Flat Screen CRT Monitor)
    Lian-Li PC 70 Full Tower Case (7 fans in the case)
    Enermax 650W power supply Microsoft Office Keyboard
    Logitech Dual optical mouse
    Microsoft Windows XP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consoles: Dreamcast, Playstation 2, XBox, Panasonic GameCube (DVD & VCD support)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

So did they give an estimate of when you will get your card? I ordered about almost 6 weeks ago and my number is only a bit higher than yours. My number is 122xx so if you are going to get your card soon, I don't think mine should be far away.

Comment

Quoted from the matrox online store:

"The Millennium G400 MAX will be available for shipment in approximately 5-6 weeks."

Key word there. APPROXIMATELY!!!

They say that because they don't really know when it will be available. The addition of that word means it could be anywhere from 1 day to 1 year. That's the point of a pre-order. You'll get it when it's ready. Period.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Of course we will get it when it is ready. But why do Matrox lie to us when it is ready, or even be reasonable like this:

tish (aka Fish):

heh.
          That's what I have to say this.
          Why can't Matrox tell us the truth? Why can't Matrox tell us how many cards per week they are able to produce? Why can't Matrox tell us what order numbers (ca.) they are up to?

Answer:

They don't want us to cancel our orders, then they'll not earn as much money as they want.

Result:

We sit here and accept lie after lie (ok only a few lies, the 5-6 week time limit has been reached for many people I belive) and wait for a card we might not get in two TWO! T-W-O !! 2!!!! MONTHS!!!!

Conclusion:

Matrox suck. They are a bunch of ****oles just after our money.

DAMN! why aren't they a little more reasonable and say "sorry, the max is over-ordered and you would be much better off with a reagular G400, should I change your order sir?"

Please tell me I'm wrong. Please please please ¦ |

Please don't let Matrox be an ass... They'r products are too good!
          See? they knew they couldn't produce enough cards for the demand several month ago, and they also know how many cards they can produce in a week. In addition, they also know how many people have pre-ordered and when they did so.

With this information they can tell us:
          "If you sir pre-orders a MAX at this moment of time you can except it in xx weeks. Therefore I could advice you to instead order a regual OEM G400 which you can except in x weeks"

Simple, and it isn't too hard to estimate.

Cheers,
          Clish.

Comment

If they haven't got to your order number why not cancel and go for plain g400 attach a fan and overclock to Max levels.
            God damn the server ate my username

Comment

It is not that simple. Until the chips are fabed and tested they have no way of knowing how many of them will pass the MAX quality standards. After that they have to be assembled unto the board and are then run through another series of test to see if they still meet the high standards to be a MAX board. Then and only then after passing these series of test to they get the MAX label.

My suggestion is that you get yourself a regular G400, slap a fan unto the heatsink, overclock it, save yourself a few buck and enjoy.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Brutal point there, Joel.

BUT! (no, not butt)

They have been producing these things for b'out three months now. Surely they can estimate quite well, or is it VERY random how many chips get to be a MAX?

Cheers,
                Fish.

------------------
                It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice. - Scooter

Comment

It would appear to bear repeating that Matrox does not control the FAB, they are simply another customer for NEC, who is also busy producing chips for other customers as well, some of which are manufactured in much higher numbers than the G400, ie Game Console chipsets. With this in mind, Matrox may not be able to accurately forecast the production of MAX quality chips. I am not making excuses for Matrox's customer relations people, I think they have been pretty slippery since the corporate restructuring Matrox went through a couple of years ago, they do need to be more honest with the customers. Enough said on that, we all said/heard it before.

------------------
                  BH6 450A 128MB CW7502B CDR SR8583 DVD SBlive! Value Hollywood + AL320N USR Sportster etc. Oh, 8MB G200 Mystique too!

Office: Giga266A, XP1900+, 1GB PC2100. 80GB Maxtor, Matrox G550 Integraph 21", Sceptre 19"
                  Home:#1.Abit IS7, 512MB OCZ DDR 533, P4C2600 at 3260, LiteOn 411S DVDRW, LiteOn 481248 CDRW,WD 80G ATA100, Audigy, 2X IBM P202, Radeon 9600 Pro as well.
                  #2. TB 1.33G/KR7AR133/512MB PC2100. MSI GF4-4200TI, Maxtor 13.6/40G drives/Ricoh 121032 CDRW, Hitachi 8X DVD, AOpen 52X. etc.
                  #3. P3-700-512MB/BX6R2/GF2MX400/
                  etc. #4,#5 Various P2 with G400, G200.

Comment

People---

I know you're upset. I know you're disappointed.

But it's a far jump across a deep chasm to accuse Matrox of deliberately lying to it's customers (and I wish you'd stop it)!!
                    • The ship dates were approximate.
                    • As Ron pointed out, Matrox does not control the FAB, so they couldn't do much more than rely on NEC's estimates of production levels and their own estimates of demand. It would appear that both sets of estimates were lower than reality proved. It is not a crime to make a mistake.
                    • Of course they don't want you to cancel your order! Aside from sales, they rightfully think they have a great card that it would be good for you to have. Clearly <u>you</u> think so too, or you would have cancelled already!
                    • None of you have apparently ever worked in Customer Service. You'd think that department would be the first to be updated on developments that affect the customer, but often they're the last to know, if they're ever told.
                    • The d*mn card is shipping, albeit slowly!!! And even so, judging from the posts on this board, there seems to be a higher percentage of RMA's than Matrox probably expected to have. So maybe, to meet this demand and get cards out something like on time, they're having to take some barely passable chips from NEC. But at least you got it on time. Happy now???

I personally would rather have a fully functional MAX a month late than a maybe-it'll-work card rushed out to meet demand. I'm a Super 7 user, so believe me, I know whereof I speak. If you disagree, and would rather have a card <u>now</u>, no matter what, cancel the d*mn order and go buy a regular G400, or a TNT2, or (gods help us) a V3K...whatever. But decide, please! And then, <u>please</u> just shut up!

------------------------------
                    the once and future motub

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 08-14-1999).]

Comment

So your MAX card is not in well neither is mine I am on week 8 and do you see me crying
                      NO!
                      That is because you can not see me!
                      I have done my share of pissing and moaning and well I will love my card when it gets here and the drivers get all worked out. I remember the good old days when I got my Mill2 and had to wait for the RR to come in that first quarter then second quarter then on the last day of the second quarter I got it shipped. Then the drivers needed several revisions before it was great. AND STILL IS! Anxious kids (at any age) with thier crazy toys will piss and moan (I still do).
                      But then again I remember back in the good old days when my 64k CPU was the hot item and I had my three 8 inch (YES 8 INCH) floppy disks for an incredible one (and I'll say it again ONE MEG of memory) And it took 6 MONTHS for the new Seagate product to get delivered it was huge and $400.00 (1981 dollars) and it was called a "harddrive" And it took up two 5 1/4 inch bays for a whopping 10 meg of disk space. I booted up this puppy and sat there in absolute amazment. THERE IT WAS!!!! ABSOLUTLEY Beautiful!! 10 meg of hardisk space!!!
                      I looked to the friend with me. I looked him dead in the eye, and said to him, with the cat that ate the canary look on my face "That's more disk space then a human could ever possibly need." and him, with his Chershire cat smile, smerking back at me, speaking in almost a whisper, said "I know."

I hope I will have that same feeling when my G400 Max comes in and you all will too!

------------------

[This message has been edited by rekamlias^ (edited 08-14-1999).]

Comment

Yup I just heard the FAB in Ireland have started producing those MAX'es...

Comment

Ok...I received an email from matrox last week. They said that my card will ship out this week. I called and confirmed this. The person I talked to could not tell me when this week it would ship. It damn well better ship this week. It'll be nice to have my MAX after quite a long wait.

Comment

Yeah, check these bench'es:

http://www.extremehw.com/reviews/3dv...0/index10.html

And that's a vanilla.

Cheers,
                            Fish.

Comment

back on top ... fukking DF31 & loserants

------------------
                              Cheerio,
                              Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB - Bios 1009 final
                              Celeron300A @ 504Mhz
                              128MB 7ns SDRAM
                              G400 DualHead 32MB SGRAM @ 201 MHz memory clock
                              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                              LG BH10LS38
                              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                              X