Mjpeg out to tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mjpeg out to tv

When I try to output mjpeg video to tv, it comes out stretched. Can I change the mjpeg resoultion? How do I get it to 4.3 aspect ratio?

Marvel g400-tv

If you use PC-VCR, what aspect ratio did you set in properties? Can it be 16:9?

Comment

It plays fine on the computer, unless in full screen. I can't capture in mjpeg at 4x3 aspect only at the aspect of 704x480.

Comment

It's really weird, but 704x480 is just the stretched version of the 4:3 aspect ratio. That is, 704x480 is scrunched in the x-direction to fit on your TV. It'll just look a little out of whack on your computer monitor. It also means that if you want your graphics to come out perfectly on the TV, you need to keep the 704x480=4:3 thing in mind.

Comment

Mine is the opposite. Looks good on computer, but distorted on tv.

Comment

hello...

Comment

I wasn't going to sound stupid by guessing, but here goes:

+ You could have "TV Output" (i.e. desktop on TV) turned on.
              + You could have the TV standard set wrong.
              + You might need a newer version of PowerDesk.
              + Your BOB might not be connected all the way.
              + Your card could be screwy.
              + Your TV could be screwy.

It's all highly unlikely, but I haven't found anyone else here with the same problem.

Whatever resolution you capture at, which will be anything with x as a multiple of 176 and y as a multiple of 120, will always get stretched to fit the TV screen on video out, but that doesn't sound like your problem because the aspect ratios are so similar you can't easily tell the difference. Try capturing at 352x480 and see what you get.

Comment

ok, thanks.

Comment

Help
                  All I can see is my Desktop background on my TV!! What am I doing wrong?
                  I have the G400 DH not max and a Rainbow Runner and wha to output to VCR!!

Comment

Mocap,

Sounds like you're in DualHead clone mode. Switch DualHead off and then try playing your MJPEG (AVI).

Or if you are using PC-VCR, then clicking on Advanced and then "enable TV out" should do te trick

Comment

Thanks for the info I found the setting and
                      it works great. At least the video does but my sound sucks I will have to keep playing
                      with my SBLive. BTW Check out the results
                      here:http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Drive/1749/Nike_Y2K_commercial.mpg if you have a good Internet Connection.

Comment

Working...
                      X