Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Connect Calibration / MJPEG / Black n White

Hey,

Firstly, i'm sorry to go on about this, but i really don't want to have to send the card back until i know for sure it's a hardware problem (as tech support told me it was,hmmm.)

But i'm convinced it's a software problem.

When i play any MJPEG AVI, it's fine in windows....yet the picture on my TV is black n white and shifted down by about 5% revealing timecode info at the top of the screen.

Now i know theres this problem that some TV's can't handle a 4.43mhz signal (whatever that is) but if i record to tape, then play it back it's in full color with no borders ??

Granted this sounds like my TV is no good for use with this card.....BUT

When i run quick connect, it displays the test/calibration screen in FULL COLOR with NO BORDERS, more to the point, i believe this test signal comes from the MJPEG/ZORAN hardware as i am not in 'windows-TV output mode'

This is the same using older, and newer drivers

Soooooo.....

It would seem my tv CAN handle a color piccy from the hardware, so why aren't my MJPEG AVI's playing in color ?

Regarding this 'timecode' info displayed at the top of my screen, is it possible that if the Zoran hardware is treating this as the beginning/first line(s) of each frame, that this could be screwing with the color and positional data of the AVI ?

One last thing, theres TONNES of registry entries for the rainbow runner, i've tried one or two HDELAY and VDELAY but with no results.

Geeez, now i'm babbling, but it is 2am here, hehehe

Thanks for puttin up with me

Scouser
Working...
X