? about Celeron - M-board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about Celeron - M-board

Ok with these Celeron processor's out I've found that it's hard to choose one b/c of a huge variety of celeron processors out there.

Can anyone suggest a good Celeron processor and motherboard ?.

I would like to know what chipset is best and I would definitely like a board that supports PII and PII.

Are there any board that can handle 66mhz DIMMS as well as 100Mhz ?.

I'm a little confused about this Bus speeds settings, I read somewhere that Celeron are great because they can be overclocked easily by changing the multipliers on the board. Now my ? is - does this affect the BUS directly like for the RAM ?.

How fast can a 466 Celeron be overclocked to run @ a stable speed ?.

What's the big difference besides price and cache {speed and size} b/w Celeron / PII,PIII ?.
    This is all for NLE of course.

My current system is a Sony Vaio PCV-130 running a P200MMX with 64MB Ram 66mhz Bus, Atlas II 9GB differential SCSI drive and 6GB Fujitsu system drive.
    4 Mb RRS/Mystique 220 board and a 12 Mb vodoo2 graphic card.

Any good place to shop Online maybe for CELERON?

The Abit BX6R2 has nice memory controller chips which MIGHT let you 66 MHz Ram work at 100 MHz. It certainly allowed my PC100 Ram run at 133 !

At the moment there are a lot of PIII 450's around which will run at 4.5*133 MHz = 600 MHz.

In general the Abit boards let you choose from a large selection of bus freqencies/ PCI dividers. If you're not bothered about UDMA66 then the BX6R2 is the one for you, otherwise think about the BE6R2.

If you go for the Celeron PPGA you will need a "Sloket" adapter to fit it into the Slot1 on the m/b (get a slot1 m/b if you want to go to a PIII later).
    XP 2100+ on A7V8X. G550 DH, 2*60Gb, 512Mb

Comment

The Sharky Extreme web site has excellent Celeron overclocking information, and a weekly CPU price chart showing the lowest prices for all OEM CPUs
      http://www.sharkyextreme.com

------------------
      Anthony
      • Slot 1 Celeron 400, Asus P2B, 256MB PC-100
      • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB
      • Turtle Beach Montego PCI sound card (Y connector on audio out per Matrox tech support)
      • C: IBM 10.1, 5400, Primary on 1, System, Swap, Software
      • D: IBM 13.5, 5400, Primary on 2, Dedicated to video
      • E: Memorex 48x CD, Secondary on 1
      • F: Yamaha CD-RW 2x2x8, Secondary on 2
      • Win98, FAT32 on C: & D:
      • MediaStudio Pro 5.2

Anthony
      • Slot 1 Celeron 400, Asus P2B, 256MB PC-100
      • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
      • Turtle Beach Montego PCI sound card
      • C: IBM 10.1, 5400, Primary on 1, System, Swap, Software
      • D: IBM 13.5, 5400, Primary on 2, Dedicated to video