Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 TV vs. Marvel G400 TV ???

Hi,
    i have a Marvel G200 Tv for some time now...
    i've heard that the marvel g400 is out.

i there someone who knows what are the differences... beside the power of the g400 ??
    in terms of hardware, how is the capture quality... I've heard that the Marvel G200 was a tuner with a ADC ... it was very easy to saturate the video input...( even with video coming from the tuner ) like there was not an AGC between the video source and the ADC... i still have trouble with this issue while capturing...
    ...with bright scenes the video saturates and if i compensate with video adjustements in the driver, the darker scenes are too dark and the brighter scenes are still saturated ( with less brightness)...

i don't think it's my card in particular because i had it replaced by matrox ( RMA )with an other card and the image quality was the same...

i was wondering if on the Marvel G400 there was improvement in the design...like a totally different way to capture or it's just the same circuitery of the Marvel G200 ??

All this to know if i should change my Marvel G200 for a Marvel G400...

;D Mig.
    ------------------------------
    Hardware:
    Maxtrox Marvel G200-TV AGP.....|.Windows 98 SE
    PII 400 Mhz ( no overclock )......|.Maxtor 9.1 Gb (IDE)
    Asus P2B...............................|.Western Digital 8.4 Gb (IDE)
    256 Meg RAM..........................|.Maxtor 27.2 Gb (IDE)
    SB16 AWE32...........................|.Lexmark 7000
    Cable Modem

In response to Fil:

Hy fil,
    since that post, there was 2 (3??) updates of the videotools drivers...

My image quality has improved alot...( with default settings)

it's like the range of the different variable like contrast, brightness, chroma... were not doing what we know they should by comparison of their analog counterpart...

i think they fixed that with the new videotools...

Also, i'm very tempted to get the Marvel G400...
    most likely for the DualHead,
    ( i 've used my computer awhile ago with 2 monitors and 2 video cards... could not keep the setting because of drivers conflict...video capacities OR dual monitors ..)... now...;D there's no problem !... it's something very useful for a multi-tasker.. like me

Also , the g400 has a newer TVOut and decoder chips....
    some other thing is that not only the files that use the Mjpeg code plays to TvOut... but it seems that MPEGS do it too....

Although i'm not a "Gamer" ... i like to play certain virtual 3d games..... Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping seems something interresting !

ouf.. if i was rich... i'd go for the RT2000.....

That's what i've found so far!

By the way, i looked at the RT2000 page in matrox site, the 3d flex thing... seems very promising.
    Does somebody know if something similar could be done on the marvel g400 to apply effects ( with EMBM ) ...
    maybe for future projects ??!?!!!

Regards,

Mig.

[This message has been edited by Migou (edited 17 November 1999).]
    ------------------------------
    Hardware:
    Maxtrox Marvel G200-TV AGP.....|.Windows 98 SE
    PII 400 Mhz ( no overclock )......|.Maxtor 9.1 Gb (IDE)
    Asus P2B...............................|.Western Digital 8.4 Gb (IDE)
    256 Meg RAM..........................|.Maxtor 27.2 Gb (IDE)
    SB16 AWE32...........................|.Lexmark 7000
    Cable Modem

Comment

Working...
    X