no audio when capturing with g400/rr + sb/awe64 + ulead capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no audio when capturing with g400/rr + sb/awe64 + ulead capture

Howdy i have just got my g400/32/dh/oem+rrg and am very impressed .But i cant get any audio when capturing with ulead capture or avi i/o even though matrox remote capture audio is fine. As soon as vidcap loads the audio cuts out and all i get is humming. I have tried pd 5.30+5.25 + 151 with a clean win98 inst without s/c then loaded the original creative drivers, ive also ran the
    matrox conflict utility and cant find any irQ conflicts (im no expert though).Can someone help me please (before i pull all my hair out) my system is bh6/celereon300@450
    sb/awe64,isa/fast trak 33/64mb,ram/win98/pal,australia. PS there is two vidcap devices listed in avi i/o is this normal ?

Yeah, I have the same problem with AVIO_IO... I believe that it is a problem with the RRG's Video for Windows driver. In AVI_IO just go in and change the source from Video IN to TV, it doesn't matter if there is something actually coming in or not. Once you do this the sound will come on. Then change back to whatever source you want to record from and the sound will stay on. It's very wierd but it happens the same way to me each time and I've tried all sorts of PD and VT permutations and I'm using a Max/RRG

RBryant
    RBryant

Tyan 1952DLU Thunder X
    2 PIII Xeon 500Mhz (512k)
    1 512MB ECC PC100 DIMM
    Adaptec AAA-133U2
    3 18 GB U2W Cheetahs
    Jaz 1GB
    UltraPlex40Xmax CDROM
    PlexWriter 8/20 CD-R
    Pioneer 6X DVDROM
    G400 Max
    Rainbow Runner-G
    Obisidan X-24
    ViewSonic P815
    SBLive!
    Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
    3COM 3C905B-TX
    Addtronics 7896 w/12 Fans
    Mitsumi Wireless RF Kbd
    Logitec Opt. Wheel Mouse
    1.5M/256k ADSL
    Trusty Ol' Floppy

Comment

Hollelujah once i was lost now i have seen the light .Why didnt i think of that i must have made the mistake of thinking like a human instead of computer think .One thing for sure it developers promote laterel thinking there might be a solution to most problems ,just dont expect them all to make sense.Thank you for helping me see the error of my ways, and may the digital editing gods smile on you for ever more

Comment

Working...
      X