Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD 5.13 problems revisited - input appreciated(From the Matrox boys)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD 5.13 problems revisited - input appreciated(From the Matrox boys)

Have had this problem after installing pd 5.13 drivers with my G200 even after a reformat of my drive and a fresh install of 98 SE.On bootup there is no Matrox monitor settings in the advanced display properties and my display dedefaults to a refresh rate of 60 khz. I have a cheap 17 P&P monitor which is detected as plug and play on boot and even selecting or making a monitor profile does not make a difference. HOWEVER if you boot the system with the monitor switched off all the advanced monitor settings become available.After making the adjustments if you again boot with the monitor turned on the advanced settings are once again not available.Boot with the monitor off and these settings become available again.I think this has something to do with the monitors DDC informing the host system about its identity and the display system then defaults to 60khz. Is ther any way around this problem ie modifying the monitor inf file that it defaults to??

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark

Have you tried to uncheck the "Automatically detect Plug & Play monitors." setting?
    If this doesn't help try the regfile below.
    I don't actually know if there's a difference since I've connected my monitor via BNC.

Helmchen

----start----
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0000\DEFAULT]
    "DDC"="0"
    ----end-----

Comment

In addition to turning off PnP and DDC for the monitor, boot into safe mode, and make sure there is only one monitor listed in the device manager. Often they won't show up in normal mode, but can interfere if they are there. If there is more than one, delete them all, then boot into normal mode, and try to set it up as usual...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I will try them out and get back to you in the next day or so

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X