Macrovision on the g400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macrovision on the g400

If I hook up my VCR to the second monitor output, am I going to have problems with playing dvd movies because of macrovision? If so, is there a work-around out there? Thanks guys.

May I rephrase your question which is also what I REALLY wanted to ask:

How can I copy DVD to VHS-VCR thru my G400 by defeating Macrovision??
    I personally haven't tried it so if anyone have any info. please share.

Thanks.

Comment

I've heard the DVD Region Selector app can disable macrovision. I don't have a DVD drive yet, so I don't know for sure.

Andrew
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Hi,

The G400 should have the Macrovision protection in it since all new products need to comply to this by law... I have heard a while ago in teh desktop video forum of a patch that disabled the codes... maybe you can see there if it works with the G400?

Ciao

Ben

Comment

Not necessarily GTI - I want to watch DVDs thru my TV, but I have to go thru my VCR cos my TV hasn't got a SCART socket. This means I cannot watch any DVDs that are macrovision protected.
          AFAIK there are no cracks for the G400 as yet.

agallag - that crack is only for certain cards (realmagic I think)

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

My PC? Not that bad, got all sorts of crap in it, and all sorts of crap around it and my desk is also messy. Now what does that say about me? ;¬)

Comment

Sorry to bring this to the top.

But I have just recieved a Macrovision crack for Matrox cards. However, I can't remember if a crack for the protection provided by the G400 is included. I will return with futher news on this (I'm not sitting in front of my home PC right now).

Ghydda

------------------
            A slowly desintegrating nobody, soon with an AMD K7 600 with 256MB Memorycard PC100, Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 2904CD, 3 SCSI HD, JVC cooking equipment, Plextor 40Max, SBlive Value with homemade S/PDIF I/O-card and last but not least - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 16MB SD

Only thing missing:
            Matrox RT2000

As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
            My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
            |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

There is a crack for the Marvel G200s, but not for watching DVDs on the G400...

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

My PC? Not that bad, got all sorts of crap in it, and all sorts of crap around it and my desk is also messy. Now what does that say about me? ;¬)

Comment

Working...
              X