Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious (!) MAX order problems!

Hi!
    I ordered my G400 MAX in early July using my credit card using the old "international" online ordering system, before they had opened the official European store (I do live in Germany).
    On 30/7/99 my credit card got billed, so I must assume the card has already left Matrox, just because they clearly stated they won't charge anything before shipping.

Problem is: I never received any confimation of my order or the card at all!

I then started mailing Matrox 3 weeks ago - international and european customer service. But I never got any reply.

I am really p*ssed off, I paid for a card I never received at all and I do not even know if it is shipped.

I also tried phoning Matrox but the extension for the customer service that is given on the web page is invalid (I cannot believe it!).

I really hate people stating 24 h e-mail reaction time and serving customers like this. 3 weeks is enough!

Does someone know e-mail adresses of individual Matrox employees that might help me?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
    Daniel

Best Regards

Well, they state they will not charge before they ship for ordinary shipments, but they actually do charge in advance for pre-orders...

I got a response from their european distribution centre abou my order, so they do respond. Mine only took a couple of days to arrive.

M.
    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Well I wrote my mails in a nice matter and did not spam them.

I gave them 3-4 days before I wrote a new mail, but no reply at all.

I can just hope that did not put me on their spam filter because I sent them 5 messages in 3 weeks...

It is confusing that they stated they would not charge in advance just for ordinary orders - there would be no reason to order at the online shop for stuff like old-school G200s ...

Comment

Cannibal:

I am in the same situation like you. I am really pissed about all this delay.

You can contact: insales@matrox.com

Hope this helps.

I will write to them today as well. They told me that by mid August they will start to distribute the G400 Max to Hong Kong.

I will find out if they have started shipping them as they promised me.

Regards,
        Manoj Mahtani

[This message has been edited by ManojM (edited 08-16-1999).]

[This message has been edited by ManojM (edited 08-16-1999).]
        Northwood 2.26ghz @ 3.0Ghz (air cooled!!)
        Asus P4T533
        512 megs PC 1066 - 32bit (Samsung)
        Matrox Parhelia (Retail)
        Seagate Cheetah 18Gigs 15K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive C)
        Maxtor 36Gigs 10K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive D)
        Adaptec 29160N SCSI Card
        Aopen 56x CDROM
        TDK 40x 12x 48x CDRW
        SB Audigy Platinum EX
        Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700
        Samsung 22" SyncMaster 1200 NF (Flat Screen CRT Monitor)
        Lian-Li PC 70 Full Tower Case (7 fans in the case)
        Enermax 650W power supply Microsoft Office Keyboard
        Logitech Dual optical mouse
        Microsoft Windows XP
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consoles: Dreamcast, Playstation 2, XBox, Panasonic GameCube (DVD & VCD support)
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks!
          I hope that this will help me a little.

Unfortunately the old web site is gone, so I cannot find the "no bill until shipping" statement.

Actually I doubt I would have ordered if they told me otherwise.

Best wishes to your MAX as well!

BTW: Late Sept I'm going to HK... Funny stuff, I should have hesitated.

Comment

Still no reaction from Matrox.
            <sigh>
            What was your worst Matrox customer service reaction time?

c.

Comment

Working...
            X