Up and Died :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up and Died :(

Well, i had bought a vanilla G400 on 8/4/99 and it had worked fine until yesterday when i tried to boot my machine i was greated with a blank display. No boot-up/bios info. The monitor didn't even wake-up out of stand-by mode. The motherboard didn't beep to signify the no video (AGP set to 256) and my old G200 still works when i swap that in. As far as i can tell, NOTHING has changed from when i was working (at night) to when it wasn't (the next morning). I have an RMA number and will send it back soon, but i thought i might check here to see if anything else could be causing it.. I put in my MGA bios fix disk just to see if that would work.. but no effect.
    ps - anything with AGP bus speeds?
    ----
    VIA MVP3, G200 (was a G400 32MB DH), win95, AMD K6-2 333. (all drivers upto date)

[This message has been edited by xanadu (edited 08-16-1999).]

I have the exact problem after removing my CL Bashee 16Mb AGP card and drivers, and putting OEM G400 16Mb into AGP slot and boot, also blank screen with one long beep follow by two short beeps. The beep codes indicates a Award BIOS video error.

What I did was to reset the BIOS to default settings on the mobo, then remove G400, slot back in the CL Banshee and power-up, change Graphics Aperture to 256 using Cl Banshee and power-down, slot back in G400 and tada!!
    Everythins runs rock solid even at AGP2X & 112Mhz after all the initial mess!!

NOTE!! It may work for me but no garantees for anyone else... :-)

------------------
    AsusP5A rev1007, K6-400 o/c to 448 (112*4), 128Mb Micron PC100 -8E SDRAM, G400 OEM 16Mb AGP, IBM 16GP 8.4, Quantum ST 3.2A, Toshiba 32X CDROM, HP CDWriter 7570i, SBLive! Value, Intel EtherXpress Pro 100TX NIC, Motorola CableModem, RIC 17" Monitor, HP Deskjet 710C, Altec Lansing ACS45 & Cambridge PCWorks,

Comment

Working...
    X