Dual Head Not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Head Not working?

I'm trying to get my TV going as the second display. Did everything right(i think), but so far it's still blank. Any common problems I should know about? Thx...
    Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

I'm having similar problems.
    Only got the card (G400 DH 32) a couple of days ago - put it in a 450 Pentium 3 Supermicro mb.

When connecting a second monitor, the second monitor occasionaly flashes when changing advanced options, but no picture.

When connecting TV, no picture except when adjusting the picture settings, like colour/ black and white/ contrast - Then I get a coloured test card up. But, when out of those options, no picture.

Can anybody help us here??

Ta

Nic

Comment

Hi,

Could you provide more details, please?

Which particular DualHead feature did you use? Clone? DVDMax? Zoom?

Which version of PowerDesk do you have?

I have the MAX and all except DVDMax did not work for me. Of course, I connected a GateWay2000 1776LE to the second connector. Not a TV. Seems like, according to StevieC, with the TV, DVDMax works.

JamesA.

------------------
      System Hardware:
      www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~ang/demerzel.html

<b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Maniac,

I think I need to do a remedial course in English.

I meant to say that every DualHead feature worked for me, except DVD Max which I have not tested with a TV. I only have a spare 17&quot; monitor. No spare TV around.

JamesA.

<b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Well lets see, I tried multi-display and clone modes but still no dice. It detects the tv as unknown monitor I put it on video input and nothing happens?? Strange...
          Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

I thought I was having a problem with my second display, but then I realized that I had plugged the S-Video cable into the wrong input on my receiver. There's about 7 S-Video inputs back there, and I didn't have a flashlight . Once I got it plugged into the right place, it worked like a charm. I don't like having to reboot to turn it on and off though. I guess that's a microsoft problem...

------------------
            Andrew Gallagher - andrew@agallagher.com
            Asus P2B-S, PII-350, 64MB PC100, 12.7GB Quantum Fireball EX ATA-33, 2x2.1GB Quantum Atlas I UWSCSI, Toshiba 6201 SCSI CD, Yamaha CRW4416S SCSI CD-RW, WangDAT SCSI, MillG400 32MB DH, SBLive! Retail (Plugged into a JVC RX884V Dolby Digital Receiver@500W), ProScan 27" NTSC TV (second head), Win98SE
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Problem solved, bought a new rca cable

Comment

uh oh now I can't play Q3 with DH enabled. it says can't load OpenGl subsystem??

Comment

Nope.
                  No OGL games in Multi-Monitor mode.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

DualHead is useless, all I wanted was tv-out so that I could watch DVD's, on my TV and my old mystique G200 had that...

Comment

Dualhead is hardly useless.
                      I usually have it hooked up to my TV for the same thing...DVD. But this last few days, I've had my kids 17" hooked up to it, and I have found it very useful.

While surfing the net, it gives all that extra desktop space for my mail program and additional browsers windows.

While working with ACAD, I am able to keep my text window on one monitor, and my drawing editor on the other.

So, you may not currently have a use for it, but that hardly makes it useless
                      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hey guys.. I've had my G400 MAX for a while now.. a couple weeks and only now did I find my old 14" in the closet.
                        So I hooked it up to try DualHead. I run both Windows98 and WinNT 4.0 sp5 on my computer, I have a dual-boot system.
                        I tried it first with Win98 (everything alwasy works better here) I set it up for Multi-Display first. Restarted, and it worked.. found my new monitor and started working fine. I moved over some windows and I was happy.
                        Next, I try the Clone-DVDMAX-Zoom feature... the clone works fine (I'm using it as I right this), I can't try the DVDMAX (don't have a DVD) and the Zoom, that doesn't work. I set up a hotkey for Ctrl-Z to enable and Ctrl-A to disable the Zoom. When I hit Ctrl-Z and little cursor with a box under it appears and my 2nd monitor goes black. I trace the spot I want zoomed, and let go. My 2nd monitor flashs and goes back to the black. If I diable by hitting Ctrl-A, it just goes back to normal Clone. I don't know why it's not working.

My 1st monitor is a 15" KDS and my 2nd monitor is a 14" Darius. The 2nd monitor is REALLY old! I want to buy a new 19" or 21" but I need the money first.

If anyone can help, please do.
                        Here's my system:
                        FIC VA-503+ Motherboard
                        AMD K6-III 400
                        Matrox Millenium G400 MAX

Comment

Oh, and about WinNT.. HA!
                          It works... but there are like no options at all. And I can't even get it to work well because my 2nd monitor sux so bad!
                          All you can do is share your monitor with 2 monitors.
                          Thanx.

Comment

Vandal,

Remember that NT does not support itself Dual Monitor such as Windows 98.... matrox are tricking Dual monitor with their drivers, hence why you only get a virtual desktop... You can also only do dual monitor in NT with 2 matrox cards.... again because of the divers... we can't blame Matrox for everything you know...

Ciao

Z

Comment

Maniac,

If you only wanted to play OGL games when also looking at the TV, then simply use Clone mode rather than Multi Display.

Ciao

Z

Comment

Working...
                              X