Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX, EU Preorders, and DVD regions

Greetings,

Received my Max on Tuesday 13th August, and I was EU preorder EU-68!

I installed it this morning with no major problems (except when I changed the colour depth it still remained at 8bit until I rebooted!).

I installed the DVD software, and it asked for my region (I duly selected region 2 since most of my collection is region 2).

Question: Can the region code be changed without reinstalling the software?

Apologies in advance if the manual makes some mention of this, but I'm at work and if I need to download a registry hack, I have to do it from here!

Thanks,

Fastman

Hi Fastman,

I received my MAX yesterday (Thursday 12th August) from pre-order EU-166.

Having installed the DVD software last night and selected region 2 as you did, noticed that it tells you the current region (i.e. 2) along with a "number of changes remaining" (which starts at 5). I guess you can change it 5 times - without an appropriate hack, of course.

I've not heard of any such workaround to-date, but I've not really been looking!

Tim

PS. I didn't read the manual either!

Comment

gosh, were you numbers EU-68 and EU-166 and didn't recive it until today???

uh-oh... I ordered the MAX 8/7 (last week) and hoped I didn't have to wait ALL the 6 weeks (that would be 9/18 for me!). Looks like I'll have to wait even longer, hence my number is EU-1238!

when did you guys order? 6 weeks ago?

Cheers,
      Fish.

Comment

Tish.. i had EU-84 and also received my max this week, i ordered begin june.. (between 5 and 12 june, don't know the exact date)

danfoss

Comment

Can't remember exactly when I pre-ordered, but it was very soon after the facility became available (a day or two at most). Still haven't heard about the promised 10% refund to my credit card (which I was told I should get!). Fastman

Comment

Working...
          X