Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settings registry/tweaking for a G400? crashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings registry/tweaking for a G400? crashes.

Hello!
    Everything in my system has its own dedicated IRQ, and my OS loaded flawlessly along with some other software. I installed Shogo with the 221_4 patch and loaded up single play for about 10-12 mins and it ran fine, so later today I went to play LAN multi-play and it went ka-put whenever I met up with the enemy and went to shoot(only two of us were playing). What is wrong.? I also played Descent3 for about 15min and everything was a-okay. I am using the latest BIOS and the cd drivers. Are their things I should set - I turned on 32bit ZBuffer, is this good? What other things or reg hacks are needed? I do not know of what they are but have seen referrals. Also at I load PCIList and it reports AGP 2x - do I need to run a game first then check? If so how do I change that? If I am in 2X should i try 1X? What are the URL's for these files? In Himself control panel util that I just d/l should I enable anisoptropic(sp?) or not? Help me out with the best optimizing settings to run the G400 smooth. Anything else you can offer would be well appreciated since I am very unfamiliar with matrox products and the G400 "tweaks". thanks! My system:
    -Abit BX6 r2 slotket Celeron 466
    -G400 32Mb DH
    -3Com PCI NIC - someone here suggested to load the 3Com minimum driver (sans diagnostics and value software) set instead of win98 cd files. I havent yet.
    -SBLive! value - I am not using LiveWare 2.1 yet, if I install it will that help?
    -128PC100 SDRAM stick- it is a few weeks old only
    -10.1Gb WDC, 850Mb WDC, 12x CDrom
    is heat a problem, my case is open all the time since I just put everything up. Also should I get the latest drivers? It seems a pain to do full uninstall of these drivers and install the new - is it worth it? Also- the G400 tech demo ran fine when the G400 was solo in the system - it seems to have issues now that the two others are in there. I wonder if the NIC windows drivers cause issue - but when not doing network game, only network drives mapped in explorer? Thanks for the opt. settings help and such!

-Sprocket,
    again thank you for any replies!
    Abit BX6R2 466@525 Intel Celeron, WD 10.1Gb Matrox G400 32Mb DH, SBLive!, 3Com NIC, 256Mb PC100 SDRAM, 4Gb Tape backup, IDE internal ZIP, trusty 12x CDROM running RedHat 5.2 Linux and Windows98.

Hi,

Better ask this in the Gaming forum, might have more chance there ...

Ciao

Z

Comment

Working...
    X