G200 agp speed etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 agp speed etc...

I am borrowing a friend's G200 as a replacement for my V330 pci card until I can order a MAX. It works great except for two things: Its only in 1x transfer mode, and Vsync is on. I've tried the registry hack patches from the download section for powerdesk 5.x (Force AGP2x transfers, Vsync off), but it is still in 1x and Vsync=on.
    I know these questions were addressed a while ago, but I don't remember which threads so I thought I'd ask again.
    I've gotten 2x agp to work on my mobo with other cards, so I know it will do it.
    My setup is as follows: Epox MVP3G-M rev 1.0 SS7, K6-3 450 o/c to 466, 256MB pc-133, SBLive, Maxtor DiamondMax+ 10.2gb (actually will run at 41Mhz pci bus!), Pioneer 6x dvd, Tv tuner card, modem. I have all of the recent mobo patches and drivers from VIAtech web site, and the current bios. Any suggestions?
    Also, what is the registry key to manually change the vsync and agp speed etc so I can check if it is actually getting modified? Thanks

Just look at the reg files (right click on it, and "edit"). That will tell you what it is modifying.

Most likely, your matrox is not at 0000 like it should be, but 0001 or 0002 (you'll understand when you see the reg keys)

Either way, don't count on getting 2x with an ss7 mobo and the G200. It's not like other AGP cards
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Gotcha.. the G200 is on 0002.
      I was going to just manually add the keys to the DirextX and CPU entries for the 0002 Settings. Think that will work, or should I move the G200 from 0002 to 0000.

Comment

Ok, no need to answer my new post question. I manually added the FlipOnVblank and AGPflags keys, and its working in 2x mode now with vsync off. Thanks for the tip Kruzin )

[This message has been edited by rylan (edited 08-15-1999).]

Comment

Working...
        X