No announcement yet.

I'm sure SOMEONE's had this problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure SOMEONE's had this problem...

I've searched up and down, and I can't find anyone who hasn't been able to turn on "TV Output" because the Marvel G200-TV refuses to believe there's a TV on the other end. What the devil? I didn't think you could tell there was a TV on the other end!!

How do I fix this?

Clarification, the "Output to TV" option that puts the Windows desktop on a TV. The drivers don't think there's anything on the other end, when my TV works just fine for video editing.

Anyone out there? Hello?

Comment

fluggo99,

if playback an mjpeg does it play out to tv?
      try quick connect what does it tell you?

evil

Comment

Yes, the playback to TV works fantastically. It's just Quick Connect (and consequently PowerDesk) doesn't think I have a TV on the other end.

Comment

fluggo99,

have you updated the video bios?

evil

Comment

-Wow it's been a long time since I posted--I had to reregister!

Anyway, on to the topic---
            What happens when you say Quick Connect doesn't think there's a tv there? Does the test pattern not display?

I recently reinstalled my G200 Marvel and Quick Connect simply asked me if the TV was working or not (and displayed a test pattern). After choosing yes, then Powerdesk would let me choose it as well. It would seem to me that by saying yes in Quick connect you can force Powerdesk to let you choose tv-out regardless.

This was with VidTools 1.51 on Powerdesk 5.30

Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 10 November 1999).]

Comment

My experience with turning TV out on is that unless you connect a cable to a TV and turn the TV on, you can't active TV out.

How does the card know the TV is on? Beats the heck out of me.

It's a hassle becuase I don't have a TV in the room where my computer is. So if I want to turn the thing on, I hook up my camcorder up to the marvel in VCR mode, then it works. I can then shut down the PC, and move it into the room where the TV is. Hook the svideo to the TV, turn on the TV, turn on the PC and voila... ugly looking desktop on TV. (Video looks great though)

-Anthony
              Anthony
              • Slot 1 Celeron 400, Asus P2B, 256MB PC-100
              • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
              • Turtle Beach Montego PCI sound card
              • C: IBM 10.1, 5400, Primary on 1, System, Swap, Software
              • D: IBM 13.5, 5400, Primary on 2, Dedicated to video
              • E: Memorex 48x CD, Secondary on 1
              • F: Yamaha CD-RW 2x2x8, Secondary on 2
              • Win98, FAT32 on C: & D:
              • MediaStudio Pro 5.2

Comment

evil:
                I'm running video BIOS 2.6 TV, according to PowerDesk. I did update it once upon a time...

Todd:
                That's the really weird thing. The test pattern displays before Quick Connect says "Yo! I'm going to test your TV out now--make sure you've got a TV hooked up and it's on." And of course, I always do, and I hit OK, the TV screen flashes and the test pattern comes back up again, but Quick Connect says, "Hey! What's the deal man? Are you tryin' to short me or somethin'? You ain't got no TV!" and of course it never asks me.

Come to think of it, I haven't tried updating the video tools. PowerDesk 5.20 refused to install on the grounds that I don't have a Matrox card in my system. (I needn't tell you that I'm absolutely positive it's inside.) I'm trying a later version right now...it seems to be working...

A_BIT:
                Same story as Todd.

My guess is that your next suggestion is to update to Vid Tools 1.51. I'll try it...

[This message has been edited by fluggo99 (edited 10 November 1999).]

Comment

Thanks guys. Man, how stupid! I should have known to try updating things. (Actually, I tried with PowerDesk 5.20, since at the time it was the latest certified one, but it refused to install so I thought there was something seriously wrong.)

Oh well. All hail www.murc.ws!

Comment

Stupid interpreter. Made the wrong web address.

Comment

Working...
                    X