Highest refresh rate only 85hz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest refresh rate only 85hz?

Actually it is a Powerdesk limitation. My monitor can go up to 120hz easily. If you check in the monitor custimization listings you will see that the highest refresh rate any of them can do is 85hz, at any res!
    Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Go to your display properties.
    On the "Settings" tab, click the "Advanced button".
    Go to the "Monitor Settings" tab.
    Check the box that says "Use customizations...".
    Clear the checkbox that says "Use simplified monitor controls".
    Click the "Adjust the current display mode" button.
    In the "Vertical Refresh" section, you can adjust the refreah rate Hz by Hz, up to whatever you need it to be...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 08-13-1999).]
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I currently have my monitor clock to the following setting using a custom setup as Kruzin described above.

640x480 = 135Hz
        800x600 = 110Hz
        1024x768 = 85Hz
        1280x1024 = 65Hz

These settings are the max that my monitor can handle at the given res. I don't know why I worrying about it anyway since I leave vsync off. And I've also learned that one of the most limiting factor is not so must the vertical scan freq. but the horizontal.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 08-13-1999).]
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Scroll waaaay down for the table (?) Anyone know why it's going way down there?
          <tr>
          <td valign="top" colspan="2"><font face="Arial, helvetica" size="2">

Maximum refresh rates<strong>²</strong>

</font><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420">
          <tr>
          <td align="center"> </td>
          <td colspan="2" align="center"><strong><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">Millennium
          G400 MAX</font></strong></td>
          <td colspan="2" align="center"><strong><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">Millennium
          G400</font></strong></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><strong><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">Refresh Rates</font></strong></td>
          <td align="center"><strong><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">Vertical (Hz)</font></strong></td>
          <td align="center"><strong><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">Horizontal (KHz)</font></strong></td>
          <td align="center"><strong><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">Vertical (Hz)</font></strong></td>
          <td align="center"><strong><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">Horizontal (KHz)</font></strong></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">2048 x 1536</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">85</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">130</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">70</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">110</font></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">1920 x 1440</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">75</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">115</font></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">1800 x 1440</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">80</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">120</font></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">1600 x 1200</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">100</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">100</font></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">1280 x 1024</font></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">1152 x 864</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">140</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">140</font></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">1024 x 768</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">160</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">160</font></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">800 x 600</font></td>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">200</font></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center"><font face="arial,helvetica" size="2">640 x 480</font></td>
          </tr>
          </table>
          </td>
          </tr>

[This message has been edited by agallag (edited 08-13-1999).]
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I'm now at 118 Hz (V) at 1024x768@16b ... wow
            fast screen build-up.

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Out of interest people, what kind (make and model) of monitor are you people using?

Colin morey
              You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

I have a CTX VL700 17".

Joel
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Mon1 = ADI Microscan 6G 21"
                  Mon2 = CTX 1765GM 17" or RCA 31" TV (depends on what I'm doin )

Comment

iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Princton EO75 @ home
                      Gateway EV700(crap) at work
                      chuck

------------------
                      (erstwhile cjolley) celery 333@500mz 2.2V, Abit BH6, 128meg@cas2 gh, 10gig IBM 7200rpm UltraStar, Princton EO75, SB Live Value, V3 2000 PCI (still waiting on my MAX!)

[This message has been edited by chuck (edited 08-13-1999).]

Comment

Anyone know if there is a "fix" to the refresh limitation created by the matrox powerdesk? I don't know about the rest of you, but it is really annoying to have to manually change refresh rates for anything above 85Hz, since I never run that low. I have a Viewsonic PS790 which does a _lot_ of high refresh at many resolutions. I was able to switch between the supported refreshed in my monitor .inf file with my old Viper V330, so why is powerdesk making it obnoxious to switch refresh. grrrrrrr.. anyoen know a way to make it read my damned .inf file correctly with all the supporeted res/refresh?

Comment

How much easier can it be to tweak to the limit of your monitor's capabilities? You simply go to Display Properties, Advanced, Monitor Settings, Adjust Current Display Mode, the whole process takes maybe a minute and a half. And you can go a step ahead of that, you can, under monitor settings, adjust a different display mode, and set all the resolutions you run. This is the easiest and most powerful implementation I have seen to date. You can even tweak in 1 Hz increments, so you can push it until your monitor bleeds, then back off a Hz or two, and this way you have your absolute maximum, not some weany preset inf file that the manufacture recommends.

Rags

Comment

Highest refresh rate only 85hz?

Why has Matrox capped refresh rates at 85hz? Even on proffesional grade monitors? My old CL TNT could push 120hz at 800X600! Hope they fix this in 5.20...and yes 120hz is much easier to look at.

P.S. no more Motorhead damn Matrox for locking it up for the G200 only.
                            Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Nope you just have to adjust these under display properties. The industry standard is 85hz so Matrox default to these (Where Poss) otherwise someone might sue them for eye damage I presume.
                              God damn the server ate my username

Comment

Working...
                              X