Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max News from distrubitor

I just got a news from my local distrubitor :

1. Matrox reported that the production trial runs seem to be successful. If this is the case Matrox will start production at their Ireland plant in middle of August. This does not mean shipping in from ireland middle of August.

2. After production, depending on the quantity of MAX the goods will be allocated world-wide incluidng Hong Kong.
    Depending on the process of allocation, invoicing and shipping to Hong Kong will receive the MAX. However, there are too many variables that at this point no body knows when the first batch will arrive.

3. Right now no body has recevie any MAX except a very tiny quantiy (100 to 200 pcs) for the earliest bookers of the Matrox
    on-line shop in USA.

I think I can not get my G400Max in August.

Just get yourself a regular G400, slap a fan on the heatsink, overclock it, save yourself a few bucks and enjoy.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

ooooor.....

Take a deep breath, relax, upgrade your system a bit and finally get the MAX and overclock that a bit

My plan. Anyone wanna share theirs? I would love to hear them!

Cheers,
      Fish

Comment

I'm just thrashing my little ol G400 16MB OEM till I get my MAX.

Comment

My plans are to get the Regular G400, overclock it and enjoy the piss out of it. I will then wait for the dust to settle on the Athlon front and make a decision after the initial pricing disappears, and some reliability concerns are reviewed. If all goes well, by the time I get an Athlon system (or a coppermine system) I will purchase a readily available Max, and since enough time has passed for NEC to get decent yields, and I will overclock the piss out of it and enjoy it while I am saving up money to get the newest offering at that time. And the cycle continues. God, I love computers!

Rags

Comment

Amen Rags.

Except I won't be going the coppermine route. I'm not an Intel guy you see no matter how good they are. I will only go Intel when there is no other choice and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Well when I upgrade my computer in the near future I choose Intel because:

I want a dual system, I want a stable bug free system, I want it next month and I want general good performance everywhere.

but when that is old and outworn (two years later?) then I want Kryotechs Dual/Quad Athlon 1,5 GHZ rig.

heeheehee

Cheers,
              Fish.

Comment

rags got the plan.

seems good to me. 1 use g400 untill dust clears on amd / intel.

i used to be a strong amd camp kind of guy, untill i picked up a 300a and bh6. and all the problems i used to have with windows all but disapeared. got to love intel for its stable running and overclockablity. is that a word?

any way got to wait and see what is going to happen with both companys. untill then i will use my g400 reg with fan. (and continue to rambull on about nothing)
                msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
                X