Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV out peculiarities !!

Hi Folks

OK here goes - Some AVI files appear on the TV, and some don't?

No MPG's currently appear on the TV screen, even from the PC-VCR. - Should they?

I thought they did before my recent rebuild. Any ideas please?

I am sure this has been mentioned before BUT I have looked back 30 days and cannot find it!

Thanks chaps

Biker

------------------

oops!

Forgot to mention - Marvel G200

------------------

Comment

Hi biker,

Only Files created with the marvel G200 (AVI)
      will playback in the TV out.
      This is because Marvel .avi files use the Hardware MJPEG codec built in the Matrox Marvel , that's why it can Output to TV.

If you want to "see" non-matrox AVI's and MPG files on the TV Output , you have to recompress them with the Marvel's MJPEG codec using a program like Ulead Media Studio or Adobe Premiere...(there may be other software that does this too...)

A way around is to enable TV OUPUT of the desktop in display propreties, then load the movie in PC-vcr (or other player), select Full screen and play the video file.
      the only problem is that you will see the mouse pointer in the tv out, also, there will be a black border around the screen...

Good luck!

Mig.

[This message has been edited by Migou (edited 09 November 1999).]
      ------------------------------
      Hardware:
      Maxtrox Marvel G200-TV AGP.....|.Windows 98 SE
      PII 400 Mhz ( no overclock )......|.Maxtor 9.1 Gb (IDE)
      Asus P2B...............................|.Western Digital 8.4 Gb (IDE)
      256 Meg RAM..........................|.Maxtor 27.2 Gb (IDE)
      SB16 AWE32...........................|.Lexmark 7000
      Cable Modem

Comment

Thanks Migou

Your a gem!

Biker

------------------

Comment

You don't have to put up with the black border on TV output you can set the black border size on your TV with Powerdesk 5.25 and above. You just need to customise your monitor (ie TV)

Salacious

Comment

And for what it's worth, an unadvertised feature of the G400-TV is that it plays MPGs out to TV automatically (as if they were MJPEGS). I don't know if this is deliberate, but it wouldn't be like Marketing to miss a plus like this

Comment

Hi,

How do you alter the borders ?

Also, i'm getting what appears to be 'timecode' info displayed at the top of my TV picture when playing MJPEG's, this causes my TV picture to get lowered about 4-5%

I guess the MJPEG hardware is treating this code as the beginning of the frame to be diaplayed.

Anyway to stop this ?

Scouser

Comment

You can change the borders on TV out mode by customising your monitor setup. It doesn't change on the monitor only on the TV.

If you are asking about MJPEG output then this was a problem I also had with the VT 1.21 and PD4.x. With the VT 1.51 and PD 5.25 I don't have this problem anymore. But if you have clips that were done with the previous drivers they appeared to be shifted down the screen (and I believe to the right slightly). To fix this I guess you have to re-capture. I am not sure if this was problem with VT 1.51, PD 5.2x or both.

Salacious

Comment

Working...
                X