• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400/Athlon Benchmarks

Check out http://nachi.cha.to/pc/diary/pc9908.html#19990813

You'll have to scroll down a bit.

Garry

hiya,

yep, that's impressive. makes my p2 266, lx board, mill g200 look pretty sluggish anymore 8¬\

but the question i'm here to ask is how is amd allowed to use a slot 1 processor? i thot intel had the patent on the slot 1 architecture, disallowing any other maker from selling either boards or processors that use it.
    p2 266@300 (4x75mhz) | qdi legend-v, lx chipset, bios 2.0sl | 96 mb pc100 | mill g200agp@99mhz 8mb sg, bios 2.6, pd 5.52 | win 98se

Comment

It's slot 1 by physical size only. It's electrically different.

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

My PC? Not that bad, got all sorts of crap in it, and all sorts of crap around it and my desk is also messy. Now what does that say about me? ;¬)

Comment

Yeah, the Athlon uses Slot A, which as was stated above is the same physical design as Slot 1, but entirely electrically differant. Try and plug a Pentium into a Slot A and you'll get to watch it smoke (and probably the mobo too)
        Anyway, I've been hearing that AMD is planning on making a Athlon socket design also for lower form factor and those that like the socket mobo design.. not SS7 compatible for obvious reasons.

Comment

2 questions though:

1) Why does Win98SE Japanese report 255 Mb RAM

2) Why do they use 1024x768x8bit colours??

Jorden
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Another question:

Where does the G400 AGP fit into?? There must be an AGP-slot on the board, but neither Steve nor I could find this superboard on their site...

Jorden.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

You can just barely see the tip end of it behind the CPU in front of that first PCI slot.

Joel

The following is a board by Biostar but they are very simular in design.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 08-13-1999).]
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

The multitexture fillrate of G400 at 212Mtexel/s is not good enough, by today's standard. I am thinking of the 300W power supply requirement specify by AMD in K7, a new one for me looks all that it is needed.

Comment

I think the G400 will be able handle itself on the Athlon CPU OK. Just check out the following review and it was done using the regular G400 againist the TNT2 Ultra.

fullon3d.com/hardware/reviews/0899/k7video/

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                  X