monitor selection with matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor selection with matrox

Is it necesarry to select a monitor for the G400 to operate properly. I mean I own a cheap 17" Compaq and if I select it than I max out at 1024x768 res. But if I remain with unspecified monitor I can pull 1152x768 out of it. Im still allocating money for a new 17" incher or 19" if I find a deal on one.

Another question: what is vbetext(sp?) that the cd driver puts into the autoexec.bat and then doesnt detect anything- but says it is running, can I just REM that out if it is insignificant?

[This message has been edited by Sprocket (edited 08-12-1999).]
    Abit BX6R2 466@525 Intel Celeron, WD 10.1Gb Matrox G400 32Mb DH, SBLive!, 3Com NIC, 256Mb PC100 SDRAM, 4Gb Tape backup, IDE internal ZIP, trusty 12x CDROM running RedHat 5.2 Linux and Windows98.

Hey Sprocket

Maybe!

A body of mine had the setup, only on a G200.
    Everything on his machine ran fine until the screensaver kicked in, from there the machine was on it's back. Only thing to do was a cold reset. It had me puzzeled for some time. The solution was to create a monitor profile for his monitor. You know you can customize them as you see fit. Just use an existing profile under Matrox Monitor setup, edit it for your needs and save it.

But I could be way of. In any case feel free to flame me, I got asbestos suit in reach.

Ghydda

------------------
    A slowly desintegrating nobody, soon with an AMD K7 600 with 256MB Memorycard PC100, Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 2904CD, 3 SCSI HD, JVC cooking equipment, Plextor 40Max, SBlive Value with homemade S/PDIF I/O-card and last but not least - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 16MB SD

Only thing missing:
    Matrox RT2000

As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Sorry I forgot your last Q.

I think it has something to do with VESA support. Specifically in DOS (this takes me back...)

Ghydda
      As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
      My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
      |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Sprocket--

I don't know what you consider a "deal" for a 19", but MegaDepot.com is currently offering the Hitachi 751 Elite for under $500, and that's a monitor that's gotten topnotch reviews.

If that's still too much for you, they're selling the ViewSonic PS790 (also excellent reviews) for about the same, but ViewSonic is offering a $100 rebate, so your net would be under $400.

BTW, the MegaDepot site has a very good rating as a reseller. (Sorry, I don't have the URL for the reseller rating site at hand. Have to dig it up.)

...Well, that should have been obvious.:-) It's www.resellersratings.com. Duh!

[This message has been edited by am (edited 08-13-1999).]

Comment

Working...
        X