Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who have a MAX

Hello,
    what is the revision of your card...? Mine is rev A.

Bye

------------------
    Ca marche plus...?
    format c: /u...!!!

Yop

Rev.A here too.

Dan
    System Specs...
    MSI MS-6309->Bios:1.3 Drivers:VIA AGP v4.03
    Intel PentiumIII 667MHz
    192MB PC100 SDRAM (1x128 Siemens & 1x64 Micron)
    Matrox MillG400MAX->Bios:1.6 Drivers:PD5.52
    Diamond MX300->Drivers: Aureal Reference 2048
    USR 56k ISA Modem
    Adaptec 2930c SCSI Host Adapter
    Imation 8x20 CD-R
    Imation LS-120
    Kenwood 72x TrueX CD-ROM
    WD 8.4G HDD (Win98) WD 6.4G HDD (BeOS 4.5.2)

Comment

Yup, Rev A.
      P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Yop, you mean you actually got it???
        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Mine is Rev. A as well; and it's only an AGP 2 card; yours as well?

Comment

As far as I know, all g400s are agp 2x only. They are slot compatible with 4x (they have the extra notch so they'll fit in the 4x slot, and they will automatically switch to the correct voltage), but will not do 4x transfers.

Andrew
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Hi Yop,

Great, you finally have your MAX !!

Paul
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

YES I get my MAX, finally...
                I've tested it a bit and the performance under high res is *100 better than the TNT2 ULTRA I was able to get to test...
                For now I ve a PII-400:
                TNT2 ultra 1024*768*32 -> ~1800 3Dmarks
                G400MAX 1280*1024*32 -> ~26003Dmarks... it's cool...!!!

Bump is great too and it makes the whole game (for now its expandable) looking better-better...!

My 19'' iiyama is very happy now...!

------------------
                Ca marche plus...?

Yop

Comment

I got mine about a week and a half ago (not bragging). I'm not sure what revision it is though. I'll check tonight, and post it back here (if I can get the 'puter from the wife, that is). Only got one question- is this reported in the information tab of the video settings, or do I need to pop the case and look at the card?

Later

------------------
                  --
                  Ace

Comment

Your...case...is...ON?!??!

Comment

The rev is on the board - up.
                      I wanted to try more my card (especially GRAFX apps) but my hard drive is down... I have no luck, so I will go to the shop and buy another one...

For Pelle, yes my card reply that it is AGP 2x.

------------------
                      Ca marche plus...?

Yop

Comment

Yop, you must have a serious problem with your tnt2ultra card because i get at 1280*1024*32 bit 2850 3dmarks and that is more than your g400max ... i have a better cpu but at this res the cpu doesn´t matter anyway because you are completely graphic card limited ....since i have a g400max too
                        you should know that there is no difference between a g400 and a g400max ..they both score 2600 3dmarks ..very strange ...

And if you wonder : the numbers are from tombman and not from my pc....

[This message has been edited by deprived (edited 08-11-1999).]

Comment

Yes, Steve, the cover is on my case. That's because I just bought an InWin midtower, and asked the store I bought it from for 4 of those thumbscrews to replace the standard case screws. That way, I just unscrew them, and off comes the cover. It has a slide-out motherboard tray, too. So if I can muster the energy to disconnect the IDE cables and the power supply cable, I can pull the motherboard- cards and all, straight out the back. Makes it easier to change settings, replace cards, etc.

Yop, thanks for the info about where the revision info is at on the card. I have a strong suspicion that my card is also a Revision A, but I'll check tonight to be sure.

Later

------------------
                          Ace
                          home e-mail:
                          mailto://wimerj@home.com
                          (Cable-modems RULE)

Comment

Ah, that explains a lot. The problems he has been having with his G400 MAX, I wouldn't even believe the scores for his TNT2 Ultra rig.

Comment

I begin to be scared,
                              what should I get in 3Dmark with my sys???

------------------
                              Ca marche plus...?

Yop

Comment

Working...
                              X