newest PD but certified drivers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newest PD but certified drivers ?

My system is a little instable since I installed the latest drivers for my Millennium G200. So I would like to install an older driver to have it stable again.
    However I need some of the functions that came up with the PD 5.13
    Can I leave the PD installed and still use the older certified drivers that hopefully work better ?
    If yes, how ??

Hi Till,

Although an interesting idea, I don't believe it can be done.

Ciao
    J

Comment

Hi Till,

Although an interesting idea, I don't believe it can be done.

Ciao
      J

Comment

Hi,

What are the features you are looking for? Have you tried the latest BIOS with the 5.15 (shouldn't make a big difference but it did help some people...).

Ciao

Z

Comment

Hi Till

I use the Millenium G200 with latest drivers/bios(5.15/2.6) and don't have any problems. For me PD5 is more stable than PD4 now. Perhaps your problem is located somewhere else, tell more about your system then it is more likely that someone could help you.

Helmchen

Comment

Also, what exactly is your 'stability' problem? And how can we reproduce it?

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

Comment

The "instability problem" is that, from time to time, I get blue screens telling me that there was a problem in the module g200.vxd
              Only rebooting helps to get back a picture on the screen.
              I guess that is a driver problem.

Comment

You say from time-to-time - can you make it happen? Does it only happen after a certain amount of time, or after running a particular program, or type of program? Also, what's your system specs?

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve

Comment

I can't make it happen. However, it mostly comes up using the TV-Out. It's not a temperature problem, it sometimes happens shortly after booting.

I have a Gigabyte-686BXDS using ONLY ONE PII300 on Slot no. 2, 128 MB SDRAM, Millennium G200 8MB AGP with latest BIOS and latest drivers. And I have only seen the problem occur since my last driver update.
                  I have already completely reinstalled my Win95b, but it didn't help.

Comment

Working...
                  X