Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400? BH6? Fixed!

Howdy...

As someone has already pointed out, the problem might be in the monitor - and I think I can safely confirm this!!!

I have a g400 and a BH6 and a KTX Topscan... same problems ("problem with display settings", etc.) and when I changed my monitor (I've got two) it worked happily... you can then swap it back after, but that is only after you have booted up... it seems the KTX has some dodgey PNP going on. If anyone knows how to fix that please advise!!! Until then I just plug in the monitor afterwards - annoying but effective.

Good luck.

So I think the general consensus is that the following is a bad combo:

G400 + BH6 + some monitors

So, whose fault (or responsibility to fix) is this? Matrox? Abit? The monitor manufacturer? Can any of you who are having this problem try it on a different motherboard to make certain it's a BH6 problem and not specific just to certain monitors?

- Slarty

------------------
    It wasn't always like this... I had a real life once. A signature, too. I used to be a guy named Gurm. But that's all gone now. Now, my name is Ash... and I am a slave.
    ------------------------
    Specs? You want specs? Yeah. Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?! Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...

Comment

I've confirmed that it ISN'T an Abit problem... tried putting my G400 into an Asus P2B MB. Plugged the KTX into the port, booted, and I received the error. So, it must be a KTX problem!! Can anyone at Matrox Tech Support confirm this?? And could this be fixed with a BIOS update?

Comment

Playing the Devils advocate here a bit:

Why can't it be a Windows problem? Isn't it Windows job to identify the monitor and provide an appropriate P&P driver?

I'm using a KDS Avitron 195T Trinitron. The P&P driver Windows selected allows up to 2048x1536 even though the monitor is supposed to max out at 1600x1200. So much for P&P.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Doc Mordrid (edited 08-12-1999).]

Comment

Hi guys,

I tried this here and had no problems. We don't have a KTX monitor but I simulated it by having a DDC monitor that can do 85hz at 1600x1200 and then switching over to another DDC monitor that can't do 1600x1200@85hz.

No problems.

Have you guys tried disabling DDC in windows?

Also, when you get the corruptions, goto safe mode, device manager and delete all monitor profiles.

Haig

Comment

How can I disable DDC? ??
            And why would my KTX monitor work with my G200 but not my G400? And why does every KTX monitor I try to use give me the same error, and every other monitor I use on it work? It's crazy! Could it just be a KTX thing?

Comment

Working...
            X