Printing Images to Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Images to Video

Can anyone help with regard to printing scanned images to video tape.
    I have several scanned pictures which i want to `print` to video tape.
    The images are 2198 x 2201 pixels in size. Using Photoshop (with keep proportions) i resized the photos to 704 x Height. Height being what ever is in proportion with 704. They do not always come out at the desirable 704 x 576 size. The pictures once rendered in MSP appear to be distorted. ie.the people in the pictures appear to be shorter and fatter in size. Can someone tell me how i would get the pictures to look normal.
    My hardware is a PCI Mill2+RRS using MSP 5.2
    Cheers

Martin

Martin,

try making up a "standard" template pic of 704*x (576 or 480 depending) with a background colour of your choice (mebbe black or white ?). Then resize your snaps to 704 * (whatever to keep aspect ratio), copy and paste onto the template background. Save under a new name and then import to your favourite editing package with a suitable duration.

Now print to tape

Comment

I have done this with hundreds of photos. MSP 5.2 will stretch the image to fit the standard 4:3 ratio TV window. You have to provide it with an image that is in that proportion by whatever means you have available. I put the photo on a 4:3 ratio canvas that is larger than the photo, then stretch the photo, maintaining its proportions, to fill out to the vertical or horizontal edges, whichever comes first. I then fill the blank areas of the canvas with black. This new image can be inserted in the video without distortion of the original picture.
      RVG

Comment

What's the best Format to use to render for output in NLE (premiere / MSP)
        I have tryied everything and I find that Tiff takes longer but b/c it's uncompressed it looks way better. Tis is specially true for long and with moving paths photo videos.

I have A

Graphic file I use in beg. copyright stuff
        can I avoid the Specs (Pixels) effect MJpeg produces w/ Black Background against white text area.?

Comment

Working...
        X