SETI@Home - Continuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETI@Home - Continuation

Ok, What happened with the original thread. At the bottom it says the thread is 2 pages long. If I click on the 2, it goes to an empty page (it has headers, footers, but is devoid of anything material).
    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
    - 6.1 Digital Audio
    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
    - LS120 IDE Floppy
    - Zip 100 IDE
    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
    - NEC FE950
    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

And the last post was about a DOS version. There is no DOS version, just a command line version that runs under windows.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

Comment

Did Ant ever answer about how many machine he's running it on?

B

Comment

Did Ant ever answer about how many machine he's running it on?

B

Comment

I've only got it on 3 machines.... need more power!!

Comment

Hmm trying to sort out the problem with these multiple page threads.

Didn't see the end of it what was the question how many machines am I running SETI on?

Erm 2 here at work and 2 at home although the PIII@585 is running 6 CLI versions

Comment

*sigh* o.k. well, hmm, got a confession to make people.

I decided that perhaps having 2 matrox cards Vs 1 3d-Now chip, ment I should be better off switching over to the Matrox group, so here I am, give me a couple of days to get all of the computers switched.

Colin Morey -- who hates having his Ip shown.
              You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

Silently renamed setiathome to some other obscure command that normally runs on our 4 processor UNIX system.... Now I've got 4 additional sessions running @ work...

Heh-Heh-Heh!! They aren't as fast as my home system or my work PC, but the numbers still add up!

------------------
                Running an ABIT BE6, PIII-450 @ 600Mhz, 128MB (128x1) PC133HSDRAM (running @ 133), Matrox Mystique G200 8MB, SBLive! Full Retail, Adaptec AHA-2940UW (Dual Channel)
                All kinds of other SCSI and ATAPI goodies....
                -------------
                Waiting for my G400Max Very Impatiently, Having already maxed system performance to give it a good home.....

Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                - 6.1 Digital Audio
                - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                - LS120 IDE Floppy
                - Zip 100 IDE
                - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                - NEC FE950
                - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

SteveC: hiya

yep, now i know there's no dos version, but before i didn't know. that was my post asking about that

btw, good tip Buuri, now i'm down to 12 hrs/unit instead of 15.

8¬)
                  *wondering how useful a couple of old sub 50mhz 486s will be... if i can ever get them all strung together*
                  p2 266@300 (4x75mhz) | qdi legend-v, lx chipset, bios 2.0sl | 96 mb pc100 | mill g200agp@99mhz 8mb sg, bios 2.6, pd 5.52 | win 98se

Comment

If your going to do that, you _might_ want to look at this
                    <A HREF="http://www.rarcoa.com/~thebard/teambeowulf.epl"> Linux Beowolf RC5 </A>

that if you want to take the jump.

Colin Morey

[This message has been edited by Colin Morey (edited 08-10-1999).]

Comment

If only they'd hurry up and release a version that supports proxy authentication, I'd have about 4 more machines to run it on. I can only run it on my machine at home right now. D'Oh!
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Hiyas, Ant.
                        one small thing. but you may find that running 6 copies at once is not a good idea, if its because your completing them too fast, and don't want to dial up, then hwy not run them off a batch file, with the _stop_after_process switch.

The reason I say is, think about how much wasted time it takes to switch from one process to another. (even turning off the clock on the title bar can make a difference).

Colin Morey

Comment

Well, what you can do, is to copy the executable, and run it a couple of times in different folders at home, then copy each of the folders, and take them to work.

Slow and tedious I know, but its one work around

Colin morey

Comment

Could the server be down again, at SETI@Home?? I've been trying to send my results for the past hour, but all it says is "attempt to connect timed out without establishing a connection" ... grrrrrrrrr...

It did that yesterday as well...

Okay, anybody else have problems with it??

Jorden
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

No.

Comment

Working...
                              X