Question on Powerstrip and bios corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Powerstrip and bios corruption

Was there a problem with using powerstrip that led to bios corruption in the G400. I thought I read about that, but wanted to know what the problems were exactly. Thanks guys.

Yes. There is a definate problem, that has been reproduced by Matrox tech support. If you use Powerstrip or Perf Tuner, make sure to make a BIOS crash disk first. Some people (Ant) have gotten away with using it with no probs, while many others (myself included) have had our bios corrupted by using Powerstrip. A bios recovery is the only way to fix it.

The author of PS joined in one of the threads about this, and told us G400 support would be removed from the next version of PS, until this problem could be resolved...

So, it's a crap shoot. Personally, I'd stay away from Powerstrip for the time being...

------------------
    PII-450(112x4.5=504), Asus P2B(1010), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg DH (5.??/1.?), 3com 3c905b, SBLive!value, (2)USR 56k v.90(multi-linked), WD 6.4&8.4gig, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-RW, and some other things...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Great that's what I thought Thanks Kruzin

Comment

Working...
      X