OEM vs Retail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM vs Retail

Can anyone answer this quickie for me...
    Is there any hardware difference between a 32mb G400 OEM and a 32mb G400 Retail (plain vanilla not Max)
    Please email me direct: jasonh@es.co.nz
    Thanks in advance!
    Jas

If you purchase the OEM Dual Head, there is no difference from a hardware standpoint. Both have dual head capability, same internal connectors (i.e. will allow the addition of the G series Rainbow Runner. The main difference is that the retail comes with extra software programs.

I have the Single Head OEM and am very pleased with it.
    Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Comment

If you purchase the OEM Dual Head, there is no difference from a hardware standpoint. Both have dual head capability, same internal connectors (i.e. will allow the addition of the G series Rainbow Runner. The main difference is that the retail comes with extra software programs.

I have the Single Head OEM and am very pleased with it.
      Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Comment

Does the DualHead OEM come with a TV out converter, or is that only for MAX?

(my nice retail store offered me a 32mb G400 DualHead OEM until the MAX ships, getting it on friday =)

Comment

Yes, the OEM dual heads come with the cable to attatch the second output to your TV.

Rags

Comment

Working...
          X