g400max ..card from hell continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400max ..card from hell continued

Haig , not that i only get g400 speeds out of my g400max it is also constantly crashing and producing garble on the screen . (you know , the "snowstorm" effect)

Tomorrow i will call german matrox and see what they can do for me ...

The hardware lock ups appear most likely shortly after resolution switching or intense
    direct3d gaming but there is no pattern , so i cannot reproduce it ...
    I have never seen a product that unstable and buggy !

My system : Abit bx6 rev 2.0 mobo , PIII450 (oc to whatever) , 384 Mb ram (128 mb makes no difference) , sblive value , 3com network card , V2SLI creative 24 MB , asus 34x cd rom , nomai cdrw , seagate medalist pro 9 Gb 7200 RPM hdd , ibm 10 GB dtta model 7200 rpm .....all EIDE ......win 98 , 5,13 drivers , bios 1.5-22 .......

Is it possible that i simply got a bad card ?

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.: oh no , what have i done ....kruzin will surely add his nonsense now ...buhu !

men ! U got seriusly problems with your card...once I had a similar problem with my Mystique 220 2mb ewreything OK in WIN98 & 2D games but in theretimes 3D gmaes ,crashing,buging,ect...so I replaced it with a new one & It was OK then...this was the first time in my MATROX history that I got a defect card...

I read your forum bout your Performance PROBLEM and I was thinking that U fullish us around , but now I am not so sure..

I realy got any problems with my G400 Single head 32mb & I outperform the most TNT2 & some UTNT2 cards ,so u should have atleast 30% bether results thn I have..with yours G400MAX... dam... WHATS WRONG ?..

Comment

men ! U got seriusly problems with your card...once I had a similar problem with my Mystique 220 2mb ewreything OK in WIN98 & 2D games but in theretimes 3D gmaes ,crashing,buging,ect...so I replaced it with a new one & It was OK then...this was the first time in my MATROX history that I got a defect card...

I read your forum bout your Performance PROBLEM and I was thinking that U fullish us around , but now I am not so sure..

I realy got any problems with my G400 Single head 32mb & I outperform the most TNT2 & some UTNT2 cards ,so u should have atleast 30% bether results thn I have..with yours G400MAX... dam... WHATS WRONG ?..

Comment

men ! U got seriusly problems with your card...once I had a similar problem with my Mystique 220 2mb ewreything OK in WIN95 & 2D games but in theretimes 3D gmaes ,crashing,buging,ect...so I replaced it with a new one & It was OK then...this was the first time in my MATROX history that I got a defect card...

Comment

Thank you spider for your trust in me ..I AM NOT telling sh!t ..i REALLY have those problems with the card ....

But you obviously have problems with your browser ....hehhehe !

p.s.: ok, kruzin , come on , you wanna fight , here i am ...ahhaahhahah

[This message has been edited by tombman (edited 08-09-1999).]

Comment

If you get any response back, let me know. My G400 is still giving me some stability problems, and some games are still giving me black and white artifacts. I thought it was heat, but slapping a 486 fan on it made no diff.
            I'll wait for some new drivers before making too big of a stink, but after that...
            Good luck.

------------------
            --My Stuff
            Cel266@448,Asus P2B 1009 bios,128MB,16MB G400 (w/ augmented ventilation),Quantum Obsidian,Panasonic 17" S70,MX300,Fujitsu 5.25GB,Dlink 530CT+, 1 grey Cat, 1 orange Cat

Games Box
            --------------
            Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
            ------
            Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
            -------------
            Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Dark... i have a max with a retail fan and heatsink on it and i still get those black and white sh!t on the screen !!
              So i think it is not heat related .....i will do just like you .. if i get no help , i will wait for the next driver version ..but then ..SOLD !!!
              (hehe)
              I have begun loving this dual head thing though ..it is so cool to split the desktop into monitor and tv !

Comment

BOO!
                BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know, you could start a thread with something other than flame-bait. You would definatly get more useful responses. But that would be too mature for you

You gave a more specific description of your system than you did in your last thread, and I do have a couple of valid suggestions, but since you would rather persist in trying to draw me personally into a flame war, I'll just ignore this thread, and keep my suggestions to myself.

Good luck trying to figure it out. Maybe someone will show you some pity, but it ain't gonna be me.

[This message has been edited by Kruzin_K (edited 08-09-1999).]

Comment

This tombman deserves no help. He needs to go back to blue oyster bar to be spanked by the other pretty boys. He would do better at that. Yes, you are *that* kind of FLAMER!

Best Regards,

NotMM

----------------------------------
                  I KNOW HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!

Comment

Yeah kruzin , your last post shows clearly
                    who is really immature because having some good advices and NOT telling them --THIS is really immature .. i mean fun is fun ..but taking my last post this seriously is so mofo stupid!
                    If you don´t want to help me ..ok, but then don´t reply , ok ?
                    I don´t need no childish mocking bird around..
                    I think you know that there are always two needed that can "flame" each other , and no one participating in this "rhetoric flame war" is more or less mature , stupid ,,,etc.
                    If you answer and jump into the game ---> you don´t distinguish yourself from me !

My last post was OBVIOUSLY a serious one , but you just can´t stop flaming , right ?

Comment

tombman,
                      If you want help, then don't be such a jerk. Try being nice. Your last 2 threads have convinced alot of people that all you want to do is yank people. Now, with that said, where is that screen shot?

Rags,
                      who is happy he has his old name back!!!

Comment

Hey IQ boy,

you asked for it... Don't mention him and then call him childish when you started it all.

Have fun with your G400!!

Ciao

Ben

Comment

Tombman if you are going to invite flame wars like this you will be banned from this forum. One and only warning.

Comment

So you think it is not childish from him to not want to unveil his advices to me ?

I mean , he is kruzin , the matrox hardware god himself !
                            I know i have done a sacrilege by only mentioning his holy name and i know that i have to be punished but a punishment THAT hard is very difficult for me to endure , i mean really !!!!!

And for you low IQers out there : that was sarcasm ;-)

Comment

And you wonder why you don't get any help....Hmmmmm....??????

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X