X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate this MOFO Card (G400)

This is the second time it happened
    That is not being able to boot up to win98
    My screen just blanked out and system rebooted after scandisk.

My System is:

P128 PC100
    P333->525
    Soyo P3B+ MB
    SB Live Value
    56k Modem.

The last it did before windows crashed on me was MSIE crashed.. and I rebooted and now i can go back to window98 just safe mode.

I'm using driver 5.15
    The first time it happened (w/ driver 5.13)
    I had to reinstall the driver and blah.. blah..

so anyone else is having this problem?
    I don't want to keep reinstalling the driver

Cool!
    Send it to me!
    chuck

------------------
    (erstwhile cjolley) celery 333@500mz 2.2V, Abit BH6, 128meg@cas2 gh, 10gig IBM 7200rpm UltraStar, Princton EO75, SB Live Value, V3 2000 PCI (still waiting on my MAX!)

Comment

Why are you using PD5.15? This is currently only for using the BETA Video Tools 1.50 in combination with a Rainbow Runner G-series.

You should be using PD5.13 instead. Also try setting the system up first without overclocking it. After a stable setup, then gradually increase the overclock until you have a stable and fast system.

What is that? A celery 333? Try visiting http://www.anandtech.com for his information on overclocking the celery.

When you overclock the CPU, you also overclock the AGP bus. Sure a 1x card was working before, because that isn't that great of an increase, but 2x overclocked can be way overspec'd. Considering some BX Mobo's are having difficulty with 2X DIME AGP (vs 2X DMA AGP which isn't any better than 1X DIME AGP) overclocking the AGP bus might be a source of instability.

Don't give up! There are lots of friendly users here that are glad to help out and offer suggestions.

------------------
      Profound Runner,
      (aka Willie)
      Profound Runner
      ---- aka Willie -------

Comment

My system is fine
        I think it's the drivers

I was playing Expandable + Half Life for at least 6 hours a couple of days and no prob.

But today I opened 8 MSIE Windows
        and played mp3 then BOOM!
        the window was displaying a wacky bordering color then next thing you know i rebooted and nothing happened

I'm about to format my HD and redo the whole system
        I have about 9 gigs of information in there too!

It sux!
        Right now i don't think i have any option besides formatting

Because I can't even change my display settings now.
        I set it to VGA COMPATIBLE during safe mode.
        Then tried rebooting, still won't boot up

Went back to safe mode, display, adapter.
        and now the change adapter button is not highlighted

in another word i'm screwed!

anyone have any ideas?

Does Matrox have a tech support number?

Comment

my God U realy push your P333 HARD how did u get 525....be cearful if U use 133FSB...because it hits AGP hard so "Thombman" has a problem 2 & he push hes P like U...133 FSB makes a higher AGP rate & that could damage your VCARD..G400 is designed for FSB100 wich gives the standard AGP rate of 66 if u take higher rates u automaticly incrase AGP rate 2..so be extremly causant...

Dont use PD 5.15 I use it to but after consulting MATROX TECH SUPP I switch to 5.13 again

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Clock your system back. The G400 will stress your memory subsys very hard. If your cpu is a celery you are way over speeding the cache and are subject to just the kind of odd errors you are getting.
            500 is not so bad, mine runs stable as a rock @ 500 and will not even post @ 515!
            chuck

------------------
            (erstwhile cjolley) celery 333@500mz 2.2V, Abit BH6, 128meg@cas2 gh, 10gig IBM 7200rpm UltraStar, Princton EO75, SB Live Value, V3 2000 PCI (still waiting on my MAX!)

Comment

Guys, let it go. He's just like Tombman - doesn't want to hear that the card not working is his own damn fault.

The odds that you can make him see reason are slim.

- Slarty

------------------
              I used to be a guy named Gurm. I used to have a signature. But that's all gone now. Now, my name is Ash... and I am a slave.

Comment

That honestly doesn't sound like a video card problem. More like a windows problem. If IE crashed and burned, it could have taken some system files with it. What MP3 player are you using? IE 4.01 or 5?

------------------
                Andrew Gallagher - andrew@agallagher.com
                Asus P2B-S, PII-350, 64MB PC100, 12.7GB Quantum Fireball EX ATA-33, 2x2.1GB Quantum Atlas I UWSCSI, Toshiba 6201 SCSI CD, Yamaha CRW4416S SCSI CD-RW, WangDAT SCSI, MillG400 32MB DH, SBLive! Retail (Plugged into a JVC RX884V Dolby Digital Receiver@500W), ProScan 27" NTSC TV (second head), Win98SE
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Just wondering, you aren't using Powerstripp are you?

See other threads about it messing with the BIOS on the G400.

------------------
                  Profound Runner,
                  (aka Willie)
                  Profound Runner
                  ---- aka Willie -------

Comment

Working...
                  X