Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Support on the G400

Hello all,

I have a G400Max on order and was tired of waiting and was considering purchasing either a G400 32MB OEM or a Guillemot Xentor 32. Now my preference is the G400 since I still love my Millenium 8MB. However I find that I spend a significant time in Linux and have found no documentation whether it is supported in Linux. I know that the TNT2 is supported in XFree by NVidia is there a driver out there for the G400 (not commercial)

------------------
    Abraham Hardjana

I don't have your answer, but these guys do: http://forums.gagames.com/cgi-bin/fo...ere&LastLogin=

Rags

Comment

XFree either has or will very soon have G400 support. Not only that but the G400 spec has been released, meaning you can expect the highest quality 3D support for G200/400

Comment

Well I do know that the specs have been released, but is there an XServer if I get the G400 now? From what I understand the TNT2 currently has preliminary drivers and that Nvidia themselves will be in on the effort to add DRI and GLX stuff to their drivers.

------------------
        Abraham Hardjana

Comment

O.k. well, I know that the G200 OpenGL acceln. is currrently undergoing developement. and that baring a few changes, it is hoped that the G400 will also have suppport.

2D Acceln. is available in the latest X server, as mention above, and dual head is apparently available under 3.9.?? which is the snapshot (pre-release) version the new XFree86 Version 4.

HTH

Colin Morey

--
          You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

Hi Abe,

I installed a new XServer (xsvga) for the SuSE distribution two weeks ago, which supports the G400.

Here it works fine so far. You can find it at :

http://www.suse.de

Bye, Uwe.

Comment

3.3.4 is supposed to have G400 support (no dual head) but I was waiting for 3.3.5, which reportedly fixes many bugs introduced with 3.4.
              For some reason, I couldn't get my G400 to even work with the plain vanilla SVGA server. I've never installed a new X server (I'm kinda of a linux virgin), so I'm just passing on what I've read.

------------------
              --My Stuff
              Cel266@448,Asus P2B 1009 bios,128MB,16MB G400 (w/ augmented ventilation),Quantum Obsidian,Panasonic 17" S70,MX300,Fujitsu 5.25GB,Dlink 530CT+, 1 grey Cat, 1 orange Cat (currently MIA)

Games Box
              --------------
              Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
              ------
              Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
              -------------
              Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Working...
              X