Matrox G400 Registry error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 Registry error

I built a new PC from scratch. The last thing I loaded was my new Matrox G400 software (from the CD). After the system rebooted, I get the dreaded "Windows has detected a registry error. Backing up system files, yada yada yada. It reboots and the same thing occurs.

Any suggestions?

My first suggestion is that you fill us in with the "yadda yadda yadda". What are your system specs, OS, etc.?

Comment

Sorry. Pentium 450 with Abit BE6 motherboard, 128 MB of RAM, Western Digital Expert (DMA66) hard drive, Sound Blaster Live!, Kenwood 52x CD. Very frustrating. I hope the G400 is compatible with the Abit BE6 board. Thanks for any help.

Comment

The G400 is compatible with the BE6 as far as I know. Boot into safe mode and see if you have any irq conflicts.

Rags

Comment

Hi,

I get this error-message only, when I play around with my mainboard´s memory timings.

To fix it (in Win98), you have to boot to DOS and enter "scanreg/fix:".

This should repair your registry.

Bye, Uwe.

Comment

I'm just posting this to verify M Ragsdale's comment that there is no problem (that I've found yet, anyway) using a G400 with the Abit BE6. I'm using a G400Max on a BE6 (with 256MB ram, PIII450@558) right now, and it smokes.

Comment

Hey, have any of you BE6 folks tried booting/installing from/to an UDMA66 drive yet? That's not an Intel controller on there, it might get all pissy with ya if you haven't given it the drivers ahead of time...

- Slarty

------------------
              I used to be a guy named Gurm. I used to have a signature. But that's all gone now. Now, my name is Ash... and I am a slave.

Comment

I've just built myself a BE6 based machine. P3/450 (not overclocked yet) 128MB/PC100 G400 32 DH (non Max) with a Maxtor 5120 20G on the ATA66 port. So far it's all solid as a solid thing. The only problem is that Win2000 drivers arent available for the ATA66 ports and also won't see my Microsoft mouse. I havent done any benchmarking but it feels a well balanced system.

Mike

Comment

Nope (UDMA 66 boot question). Thanks to all the money I've spent upgrading to the BE6/PIII-350/256MB Ram/G400Max, I've got to wait a month or two before I get a UDMA66 hd. All my spare components (read: old/replaced) went into another case, which I still need a monitor and memory for. That'll be for my wife/daughter.

------------------
                  --
                  Ace

Comment

Nope (UDMA 66 boot question). Thanks to all the money I've spent upgrading to the BE6/PIII-350/256MB Ram/G400Max, I've got to wait a month or two before I get a UDMA66 hd. All my spare components (read: old/replaced) went into another case, which I still need a monitor and memory for. That'll be for my wife/daughter.

------------------
                    --
                    Ace

Comment

Working...
                    X